DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this a pilot error or Malfunction ?

Makwaii

Reactions
My mavic air 2 Was coming back and it just fell out of the sky, this is what I got from logs I didn't hit anything. Would I be covered under standard warranty because i've only had it for 3 days and i dont have dji care refresh

1600984447441.png

Not enough info there. The only oddity visible is the negative altitude.
Where you flying somewhere where you could fly below your home point?

Reactions: Thomas B
No I was at a small park truth be told kinda sucks i was about to purchase dji care refresh but just past the deadline by 3 hours and then I fatally crash my mavic air 2 but it was a relatively flat area

Just wondering what my chances are of getting it warrantied free from dji's standard warranty since i figured this is most likely what they will be looking at to decide whether its a pilot or aircraft error

Reactions: Little bird
we'd need the logs. But the drone came down 45 feet in one second, so there's something not right. Whether the issue was the drone or the pilot is hard to say, but generally you can't fly downwards that fast.

Reactions: zeusfl and Thomas B
here ya ho
The first indication of a problem shows in the data at about 8:21.4 when the drone rolls to one side much further than normal and then pitches forward past the normal limits.
It also starts to spin in a clockwise direction despite you giving rudder input the opposite way.
The drone also begins to lose height.
The pitch, roll and yaw data is extreme showing the drone spinning amd tuimbling out of the sky.

The crash impact was at about 8:23.3 and altitude and speed data after that shows some crazy numbers due to the effect of the impact on the sensors.

This incident was not due to piloting or battery levels.
The data is indicative of the loss of a prop or motor.

so would i qualify for the standard warranty and not have to pay out the *** for repairs you think>?

so would i qualify for the standard warranty and not have to pay out the *** for repairs you think>?
Were the props still attached to the wreckage?
If the drone is less than a year old, it's definitely worth a shot.

Reactions: owchunyip
I guess for having it for 3 days only DJI will help you since the data show non pilot error. Not sure if you will have a charge.

thats the thing it was flying fine and then out of no where when i was trying to bring it back it just dropped out of the sky any idea what would cause a blocked motor message cause when it fell there wasnt anyhting there

It’s possible a bird strike ?

It's a likely possibility as i was looking on my remote to land would that be considered user error?

It's a likely possibility as i was looking on my remote to land would that be considered user error?
Absolutely not. Something happened to that motor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan