DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with sports mode after firmware update?

anon67

Reactions
Anyone else notice the MA2 flying differently when in sports mode after this new firmware update that added zoom among other things.
It seems the drone is tilting more to the side when "strafing and turning at same time", just doesnt seem as smooth when visually watching the drone maneuver, not to mention my "hover in place" seems less stable than before.
It keeps making micro movements/adjustments that are now visible on the camera in any mode ie: tripod, normal, and sport.
It could be just me but the drone also sounds a bit louder IMO when flying and hovering.

Am I crazy?

There are several people mentioning this "tilting" issue. On the Mavic Pro there is a "fixed wing" feature that is comparable to what people are reporting. Seems possible that the firmware has enabled a new default setting (either that or a major bug). Sorry I can't show test results of my own... I am traveling in a place where drone flying is discouraged )-:

This coming weekend I will be flying again...

Have you checked your yaw control settings in the advanced gimbal settings ?
If you make the "yaw rotation speed" 100 then the drone will spin faster in response to the stick input
If you make the "yaw smoothness" 10 or max then the response to stick input will be sensitive, so a slight stick movement will result in a big yaw

You can compare the settings for the different flight modes
  • in Sport everything is set for the fastest response and maximum rotation to the stick input
  • in Normal mode it's a bit slower and there is less rotation
  • In Tripod mode the response is the slowest and the least rotation
I'd do a reset of these settings, which is at the bottom of the menu, hopefully that returns everything to normal

1597195807972.png

Ya I haven’t changed any setting yet and I tried the reset button first. I can’t put my finger on what’s different it just feels different when flying around the yard.

Ya I haven’t changed any setting yet and I tried the reset button first. I can’t put my finger on what’s different it just feels different when flying around the yard.

The default yaw settings before the firmware upgrade were probably different to the new defaults now.

You might have to play around with them, I suspect if you turn down the yaw rotation speed the AC won't bank as much but the turning circle will be wider

Anyone else notice the MA2 flying differently when in sports mode after this new firmware update that added zoom among other things.
It seems the drone is tilting more to the side when "strafing and turning at same time", just doesnt seem as smooth when visually watching the drone maneuver, not to mention my "hover in place" seems less stable than before.
It keeps making micro movements/adjustments that are now visible on the camera in any mode ie: tripod, normal, and sport.
It could be just me but the drone also sounds a bit louder IMO when flying and hovering.

Am I crazy?

Flew three battery packs today after getting the update and so far haven't noticed anything unusual.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Am I crazy?
I agree with you. After the firmware update my Mavic is much louder in all modes. Previously I could barely here it above 50 ft in a hover. Now I can be 100 ft up and clearly hear it. What's frustrating is that in sport mode it is especially noisy such that I can spot it just based on the noise it makes now even when over 50 yards away.

I''m going to try reinstalling the firmware. I wish I could revert back because to me the improvements dont justify the nuisance this drone has now become.

I concur with T-Rex ... My MA2 is decidedly more noisy in Sport Mode than it was before. I also believe switching into Tripod doesn't always yield the tripod flight specs, even when flipping in from Normal. It seems I need to switch back n forth a couple times or just stay in Normal and fly with a lighter touch.

I agree with you. After the firmware update my Mavic is much louder in all modes. Previously I could barely here it above 50 ft in a hover. Now I can be 100 ft up and clearly hear it. What's frustrating is that in sport mode it is especially noisy such that I can spot it just based on the noise it makes now even when over 50 yards away.

I''m going to try reinstalling the firmware. I wish I could revert back because to me the improvements dont justify the nuisance this drone has now become.

Have you tried replacing the props? I haven't noticed my drone being any more loud since the fw update.

In any other quad you'd fix that by calibrating the gyro (imu) and compass. You might want to give that a shot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54