DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you seen similar problems on your MM video? (only respond if you have a mavic mini)

• Total voters
@TDZHDTV Just to confirm, on all my footage recorded pre-update the lines are still there. On new footage recorded today the lines are no longer there. I've only tried viewing the old and new footage with the windows standard TV and movie viewer as I knew that would display the lines if they were still going to be there.
Nope, I’m on the new firmware, I can still see the lines on the bottom of the video, I’m using a iPad Pro to view. Given the complaints to DJI I’m sure they would have listed it as a fix if they had corrected it.

• Sad
Reactions: scro
Because he just does them superficial and has no clue what he is doing ? If you rush to post something, this is what happens. Not trying to start a rant, this is how I see it.
Or maybe he reads about them here on this forum. :)
?

Nope, I’m on the new firmware, I can still see the lines on the bottom of the video, I’m using a iPad Pro to view. Given the complaints to DJI I’m sure they would have listed it as a fix if they had corrected it.
They don't always list all the fixes.

Reactions: netsonic
just updated my mini to .400 and all 3 batteries - after the fix windows 10 default video player does not show those extra lines at the bottom of the video anymore. it used to show them before, now it is gone. i do not use ipad, so, not sure what that does.

Reactions: netsonic and scro
just updated my mini to .400 and all 3 batteries - after the fix windows 10 default video player does not show those extra lines at the bottom of the video anymore. it used to show them before, now it is gone. i do not use ipad, so, not sure what that does.

First chance I have had to fly since the update was today, but I can confirm the problem is fixed. (Checked on Android and Windows which both had problems before)

also the resolution was changed, now it is 2720x1530, not 2720x1536 like before this firmware

Is it fixed? I just got mine and it does it. Took my first 2.7k today and it has a noticable line. It's evident in there own editor. 4k is much less pronounced, but still there.

How did you get your Mavic Mini (ie Mini 1) to do 4k??
Hey scro! It's a mini 2, smartbutt. 😁
Butt the fact remains that I have a blurry line on the bottom of my 2.7 videos in 2022 on my new mini 2.
I had planned on flying this beautiful river tomorrow in my parent's back yard where I grew up, and I don't like the lines I saw today.(that brought me here)
I read this whole thread. Good times.
But I'm not really sure I have an answer?
Everything is updated on my everything.
I'm open to answers. When I edit in the dji fly app, there's an obvious line the whole way through.
I'm hoping there's a really simple fix like not using the dji app for editing, but it's quite convenient.

Aha, it's a mini2. Maybe you're seeing the same problem as what plagued the Mini 1 running early firmware. The mini2 has the same camera hardware as the mini1, but different firmware and video processing hardware. I'd be surprised if DJI allowed an old bug they fixed get carried fwd into a newer product, but it is possible.

Can you post a screenshot or crop of the lines you're seeing? Also, do you see the lines on a computer monitor or smart TV?

I was surprised that this thread was so old but I was having the exact same problem on my mini 2. Figured it would be straight by now. I read this whole thread and still not entirely sure what to make of it.
It's obviously much less noticable on my phone, but on my new 65" Bravia tv it's glaringly obvious since there's an inch or two of blur at the bottom. I'll attach a phone screenshot.

Attachments

• IMG_20220709_124745.jpg
    IMG_20220709_124745.jpg
    939.3 KB · Views: 4
That screenshot is from my phone's viewer of the video (galaxy 21) after exporting it from the fly app. But even in the fly app it's evident. Raw video and edited.
I even did a test where I uploaded a raw 4k video to YouTube and the line is still there but much smaller. Haven't tried a 1080p recording yet.

Definitely looks like the same thing. Just out of curiosity what are the dimensions of your 2.7k video in pixels? FW .0400 for the mini1 reduced the height of the frames by 6 pixels, and hence chopped off the made-up but at the bottom that was offensive on the eyes. Obviously that specific firmware isnt available for the mini2 so not a viable fix. Really seems strange that the mini2 should have an uncannily similar problem. I've not heard any discussions on this problem on the mini2, but then I don't follow mini2 discussions so closely, not having one myself. Tried rolling back to previous firmware, and then updating again to your current FW? You need DJI assistant 2 installed on a computer to do this, I think.

Is this what you're referring to? The distortion with the whitish vertical streaks that look like a row of values in a bar chart and extend the full width of the screen?

The first image is a clip directly from the screen. The second is enlarged to 300%.

Screenshot 2022-07-09 141656.jpg

Screenshot 2022-07-09 141656.X3.jpg

Definitely looks like the same thing. Just out of curiosity what are the dimensions of your 2.7k video in pixels? FW .0400 for the mini1 reduced the height of the frames by 6 pixels, and hence chopped off the made-up but at the bottom that was offensive on the eyes. Obviously that specific firmware isnt available for the mini2 so not a viable fix. Really seems strange that the mini2 should have an uncannily similar problem. I've not heard any discussions on this problem on the mini2, but then I don't follow mini2 discussions so closely, not having one myself. Tried rolling back to previous firmware, and then updating again to your current FW? You need DJI assistant 2 installed on a computer to do this, I think.
Says it's 2720x1530.
And I honestly didn't realize that this wasn't happening regularly on mini 2s.
I suppose I could try the firmware rollback thing.

The early mini1 2.7k video was 1536px high and those last 6 rows were a repeat of the 1530th row, hence the short streaks along the bottom. If your 2.7k video is saying its 1530px high and still has the streaks then maybe something slightly different is going on. It's unlikely the cause, but try using a different SD card to see what happens. Ideally a good quality fast card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy