DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you seen similar problems on your MM video? (only respond if you have a mavic mini)

• Total voters
I downloaded the WinFF, trying it later. For now my question is with ffmpeg and cmd. I come to the step to crop a video file of mini. I past this command: ffmpeg -y -i ORIGINAL-CLIP.MP4 -map 0:0 -vcodec copy -an -sn -bsf:v h264_metadata=crop_bottom=6 CROPPED-CLIP.MP4 . Although i get no file in the directory. What have i missed? I tried in every directory in the ""ffmpeg" folder i created as well. Also you name one command and Skyscope another, little confused here mate.

"
The ORIGINAL-clip and CROPPED-clip need to be replaced with the file name of the file you want to crop and the name you want the end file to be called. If the file was called video.mp4 and on the root of your C: it would be c:\video.mp4 for the original clip name

You can get around the issue using a PC. But what about instant mobile share? I bought it mostly for that purpose. Quick shares on social media.

The most embarrassing thing is that not even DJIs own mobile video editor can handle it correctly. It's a shame!

Dji has a video editor? Anyway, i do agree there should be a phone app as well fixing this. Especially when i have a smartphone which is new-er (faster etc regarding video playing edit etc) than the PC too.

Last edited:
The ORIGINAL-clip and CROPPED-clip need to be replaced with the file name of the file you want to crop and the name you want the end file to be called. If the file was called video.mp4 and on the root of your C: it would be c:\video.mp4 for the original clip name

Ok, so the root must be included even though all videos i saw on YT and these commands only showing the filename. I have made the path, and put the video file in the ffmpeg folder - both Bin and outside of Bin. I do know that the name "ORIGINAL-clip"should be replaced! However i left the "CROPPED-clip" name as it is, and i guess that does not matter, meaning that the outcome name does not need to be changed or anything, RIGHT?

PS: Tried this now: "ffmpeg -y -i C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg\DJI_0031.MP4 -map 0:0 -vcodec copy -an -sn -bsf:v h264_metadata=crop_bottom=6 CROPPED-CLIP.MP4". Did not work either!

Ok, so the root must be included even though all videos i saw on YT and these commands only showing the filename. I have made the path, and put the video file in the ffmpeg folder - both Bin and outside of Bin. I do know that the name "ORIGINAL-clip"should be replaced! However i left the "CROPPED-clip" name as it is, and i guess that does not matter, meaning that the outcome name does not need to be changed or anything, RIGHT?

PS: Tried this now: "ffmpeg -y -i C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg\DJI_0031.MP4 -map 0:0 -vcodec copy -an -sn -bsf:v h264_metadata=crop_bottom=6 CROPPED-CLIP.MP4". Did not work either!
Chances are the YT people has their video to be edited inside the same folder as the program so didn’t need to specific folder path. Only thing above woth you’re that I can see issue with is you’ll need speech marks around the file and location because of the spaces in folder names I.e program files. So do the same but with that in place ie “C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg\DJI_0031.MP4”

That makes sense.......it's surprising how just that tiny blurry area is so off putting. The first video I put up I just cropped it out, but that's really not the answer...it's just a work around....anyway I still love this little thing! lol

Notice on your video that the edge blurring is also on the left and right vertical edges, you have to look carefully as it's not as pronouced as the bottom edge

C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg\DJI_0031.MP4

ffmpeg -y -i C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg\DJI_0031.MP4 -map 0:0 -vcodec copy -an -sn -bsf:v h264_metadata=crop_bottom=6 CROPPED-CLIP.MP4
Chances are the YT people has their video to be edited inside the same folder as the program so didn’t need to specific folder path. Only thing above woth you’re that I can see issue with is you’ll need speech marks around the file and location because of the spaces in folder names I.e program files. So do the same but with that in place ie “C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg\DJI_0031.MP4”

I have no idea what you are talking about now! "YT people, video edited inside" wtf. How do i crop of the 6 pixels through WinFF is my questions?!

C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg\DJI_0031.MP4

ffmpeg -y -i C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg\DJI_0031.MP4 -map 0:0 -vcodec copy -an -sn -bsf:v h264_metadata=crop_bottom=6 CROPPED-CLIP.MP4

I have no idea what you are talking about now! "YT people, video edited inside" wtf. How do i crop of the 6 pixels through WinFF is my questions?!
you said people on YT only put the filename. That will be because in CMD they had gone to the folder where the video files are kept.

Easiest way. Copy your video file into the same folder as the ffmpeg executeable. Open CMD, browse to that directory using: cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg\" (or wherever you have it)

once CMD is in that folder, run: ffmpeg -y -i YOURFILENAME.MP4 -map 0:0 -vcodec copy -an -sn -bsf:v h264_metadata=crop_bottom=6 CROPPED-CLIP.MP4

you said people on YT only put the filename. That will be because in CMD they had gone to the folder where the video files are kept.

Easiest way. Copy your video file into the same folder as the ffmpeg executeable. Open CMD, browse to that directory using: cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg\" (or wherever you have it)

once CMD is in that folder, run: ffmpeg -y -i YOURFILENAME.MP4 -map 0:0 -vcodec copy -an -sn -bsf:v h264_metadata=crop_bottom=6 CROPPED-CLIP.MP4
Sorry, i misunderstood and forgot what i said myself. I also could not open cmd in the same folder before but solved that too now (registry - name change of extended cmd). Now i could open it in the same folder and it is solved now. Thank you! :)

Sorry, i misunderstood and forgot what i said myself. I also could not open cmd in the same folder before but solved that too now (registry - name change of extended cmd). Now i could open it in the same folder and it is solved now. Thank you! :)
Be wary of registry changes. You just needed to do the first part of open CMD and do CD followed by the directory you wanted. But if it works then happy days :). Most welcome

I took back my Mini and traded up to the Evo from Best Buy today. Since it still has the video issue I did not have to pay a restocking fee. I am looking forward to an official firmware solution to the video problem. Hopefully it comes quickly!

Hello,
I just bought a mavic mini and there seems to be a problem with the video in 2.7k mode. There is a few pixels that are "stretched" on the bottom border and it is distracting on an otherwise good image. Thank youView attachment 85601

Edit for more visability of this comment:
If anybody reads this and if they voted that their footage is normal, can you please check the file data and see what resolution the 2.7k video is. The normal resolution should be 2704 x 1520 and this is standard 2.7k resolution found in other cameras. The data that other members who did have a problem indicates the video is being shot at 2720 x 1536. Both of theses resolutions are wonky and this may be where the problems lie.
I voted "no" in the survey but then realized I'm shooting 1920 x 1080. I haven't tried 2.7k but will update my vote when I do.

Reactions: Baxxter
I voted "no" in the survey but then realized I'm shooting 1920 x 1080. I haven't tried 2.7k but will update my vote when I do.
I got this feedback from Dji too, that some people don't notice some stuff. When shooting in 1080p its ok. As far as i understood as well, by the feedback from Dji, even those who shoot in 2.7K did not notice these pixels since they did not pay that EXTRA attention to it.

Last edited:
I won't cast a vote to sway the survey results as I am a n00b here and my SD card hasn't even arrived, but I took me forever to even figure out what the OP was complaining about.
I finally got a xxxxzoomie of the bottom edge and saw the "damage".
Looks kinda minimal to me to have generated 14 pages of posts. Especially if DJI has it in their bugz-fix-list.

If that is all it is, and it is on a drone as affordable overall as the Mini, only at the highest resolution video and "weaksauce" response or not... well, I for one, can live with it.

Fact is that DJI made a sh*tbucket of money on this just on the holiday sales. That means they have the knowledge that the product is indeed successful enough to justify support, as well as the ready cash to turn their full herd of software boffins loose to ramp up everything about the Mini to the fullest hardware capabilities.

Reactions: Alan_M
I won't cast a vote to sway the survey results as I am a n00b here and my SD card hasn't even arrived, but I took me forever to even figure out what the OP was complaining about.
I finally got a xxxxzoomie of the bottom edge and saw the "damage".
Looks kinda minimal to me to have generated 14 pages of posts. Especially if DJI has it in their bugz-fix-list.

If that is all it is, and it is on a drone as affordable overall as the Mini, only at the highest resolution video and "weaksauce" response or not... well, I for one, can live with it.

Fact is that DJI made a sh*tbucket of money on this just on the holiday sales. That means they have the knowledge that the product is indeed successful enough to justify support, as well as the ready cash to turn their full herd of software boffins loose to ramp up everything about the Mini to the fullest hardware capabilities.

The extra 6 pixelation is a major problem when playing the video on your smartphone's player or PC player whatever. To not notice this pixelation by first, second or third time means that you do not basically really, literally, have "an eye" for video editing etc, maybe even sound editing too i guess. This is pretty obvious as well though. All those who voted NO are like you with other words :) . It may also got to do with the upload to YT. When you upload a 2.7K file it will be just 2K (2560 x 1440) since YT has that option before the step to 4K, and not 2.7K in between. So then on YT, the pixelation won't be visible.

Last edited:
I've updated to firmware .400 and the 6px stripe across the bottom of 2.7k video problem seems to be fixed. Videos shot with earlier firmware were showing the stripe and videos shot post-update don't show the stripe (same computer, same player for both)

Reactions: Thomas B
I've updated to firmware .400 and the 6px stripe across the bottom of 2.7k video problem seems to be fixed. Videos shot with earlier firmware were showing the stripe and videos shot post-update don't show the stripe (same computer, same player for both)

Just some minutes ago i found out about this through YT, al though Billy K (drone reviewer) does not mention these pixels and never had actually. I wonder why they don't mention this particular fix though in the point list. Maybe its the "reduced noise during self-diagnostics after powering on." point (?).

Last edited:
Just some minutes ago i found out about this through YT. I wonder why they don't mention this particular fix though in the point list. Maybe its the "reduced noise during self-diagnostics after powering on." point?
Hi, just read this and checked, it is absolutely still there for me on all my 2.7k video footage with yesterday’s .4 firmware update

• Sad
Reactions: scro
Hi, just read this and checked, it is absolutely still there for me on all my 2.7k video footage with yesterday’s .4 firmware update
Hm, sorry to heart that. I just shoot a quick 2.7K from my balcony, its evening here and dark but with some lights in the balcony, but as far as i seen the pixels are now gone with the update. Double checked if you have the latest firmware?

@TDZHDTV Just to confirm, on all my footage recorded pre-update the lines are still there. On new footage recorded today the lines are no longer there. I've only tried viewing the old and new footage with the windows standard TV and movie viewer as I knew that would display the lines if they were still going to be there.

al though Billy K (drone reviewer) does not mention these pixels and never had actually. I wonder why they don't mention this particular fix though in the point list.
Because he just does them superficial and has no clue what he is doing ? If you rush to post something, this is what happens. Not trying to start a rant, this is how I see it.
Or maybe he reads about them here on this forum. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent