DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you seen similar problems on your MM video? (only respond if you have a mavic mini)

• Total voters
So bad news... I got the replacement drone today, and I also bought a Sandisk Extreme U3 card. The video had the same exact artifacts with both cards (Extreme U3 and the Ultra U1). I could not get good video because of rain so I only shot video inside of my house so I won't post any video. Maybe tomorrow I'll get better shots outside and compare them on here. I hope this is a software issue and that things get sorted out soon on DJI's side. It is very unlikely that both drones have the same issue if not for a software bug or a major manufacturing problem. If not then maybe I'll buy a Pro 3 when it releases or something else....

Last edited:
So bad news... I got the replacement drone today, and I also bought a Sandisk Extreme U3 card. The video had the same exact artifacts with both cards (Extreme U3 and the Ultra U1). I could not get good video because of rain so I only shot video inside of my house so I won't post any video. Maybe tomorrow I'll get better shots outside and compare them on here. I hope this is a software issue and that things get sorted out soon on DJI's side. It is very unlikely that both drones have the same issue if not for a software bug or a major manufacturing problem. If not then maybe I'll buy a Pro 3 when it releases or something else....

Shame to hear. This morning I watched 3 other review videos where they showed the raw, unedited footage, all of them had that line. At this point I'm just hoping enough people contact DJI and make them aware of this. Even if it's a manufacturing problem with the camera hopefully they can adjust it with software.

Reactions: Gebo and F22arecool
Very annoying that the new MM also has the problem but I did expect it. If you pay close attention you can see it on YouTube in almost every raw footage. Last Tuesday I received a message back from DJI that the problem had been placed with their engineers, but it has been silent ever since. DJI usually responds within 1 day, so apparently a problem with them too. So wait and see ...For now I will keep my MM until further notice from DJI. I have ordered a new microSD card with a write speed of 90!! Wellicht, a solution..

Last edited:
Reactions: F22arecool
all my videos are without those lines on the bottom, are clean, but when they are procccesing on youtube those lines appear

That's a hardware issue.
The sensor is off-kilter or the connection to the cable/circuit carrying the digital image is faulty or could even just be not properly connected by maybe a design issue where the movement has caused this to happen!

That's a hardware issue.
The sensor is off-kilter or the connection to the cable/circuit carrying the digital image is faulty or could even just be not properly connected by maybe a design issue where the movement has caused this to happen!
Would this be present in pictures as well?? I'm confused why it's just popping up in the videos?

I went out this morning and shot more footage. I will post the screenshots of the video. One is taken with the San Disk Ultra Plus (little bit darker) and the other is taken from a San Disk Extreme Plus (one with my legs). It seems like the stretching is actually worse on this drone when compared to the first one. The distortion extends fully to each corner in a straight line instead of a elongated ellipse. Hopefully this gets fixed or DJI responds soon.
Sandisk Extreme Plus.jpgSandisk Ultra Plus.jpg.

Another rushed bodge job from DJI.
My MP was 1 of the earlier batch and the focus on it was C.R.A.P in the lower right corner
So what can I do about it? Should I just get my money back and get a different drone?

I stuck with my MP focus issue for over a year and it completely ruined the overall experience I would've had with a later issued MP that didn't have these issues.
I now have a M2Z and boy is it a joy to use without any basic issues of the image processing.

You could always wait until they get their production up to par with Standard Quality Control like it took them with the MP releases

I stuck with my MP focus issue for over a year and it completely ruined the overall experience I would've had with a later issued MP that didn't have these issues.
I now have a M2Z and boy is it a joy to use without any basic issues of the image processing.

You could always wait until they get their production up to par with Standard Quality Control like it took them with the MP releases
How long did that take? A couple of months?

'E' 'ar
My old (sold) Model: Mavic Pro, build on (Manufactured): 4. December 2016 (with a focussing issue)

The MP was released October 15 or thereabouts

Edit; showing up in my search is the rumours of a Mavic 3 by January 2020, which by then I suppose you could weigh up (excuse the MM pun) that or a properly Quality Controlled MM

'E' 'ar
My old (sold) Model: Mavic Pro, build on (Manufactured): 4. December 2016 (with a focussing issue)

The MP was released October 15 or thereabouts

Edit; showing up in my search is the rumours of a Mavic 3 by January 2020, which by then I suppose you could weigh up (excuse the MM pun) that or a properly Quality Controlled MM
Ok thank you. I contacted their online chat and they said they were gonna email me back. I made them attach this thread to send to the "engineers" so hopefully something happens soon. Maybe I'll do another exchange before the exchange period ends if they don't get back to me in time. And the Mavic 3 sounds like a nice drone but it will probably cost a pretty penny lol. I'm a student so I wanted a cheap drone that could at least give me a clear video.

FYI, I did a compass recalibration, IMU recalibration and a gimbal recalibration. Flew it today and don’t seem to have the issue. About the same temperature. Only thing I haven’t been able to confirm is the difference between the wind speeds and I couldn’t fly quite as high this time but the picture looks much better.

Though I still have the rolling screen at the bottom...

Z

I went out this morning and shot more footage. I will post the screenshots of the video. One is taken with the San Disk Ultra Plus (little bit darker) and the other is taken from a San Disk Extreme Plus (one with my legs). It seems like the stretching is actually worse on this drone when compared to the first one. The distortion extends fully to each corner in a straight line instead of a elongated ellipse. Hopefully this gets fixed or DJI responds soon.
View attachment 86259View attachment 86260.
With the exception of the mystery prevailing artefacts at the extreme bottom of frame there seeming isn't a lot to grizzle about here, particularly having regard to the price point for the overall package.

Even the corners at 100% view aren't too bad for a small cheap lens illuminating a tiny sensor.

Before you race back to Best Buy have a play with grading some footage and see where you can get to.

The artefact mystery is intriguing. We know the mini employs a 3 axis gimble- I wonder if DJI is employing the digital stabilisation which forms part of the feature set of the Ambarella SOC and not cropping adequately before encoding.

The excitement about this issue seems to be growing so hopefully someone from from DJI might buckle and provide some clues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661