DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you seen similar problems on your MM video? (only respond if you have a mavic mini)

• Total voters
I can't tell whether they are cut off or if they are filled with additional image.

All I can tell is that the line is gone the moment I import those files to Adobe Premiere.

I will post a comparison Screenshot tomorrow. So that we can see if anything is cropped off.
Are you able to inform us what the actual exif reported vertical resolution of the video from the mini is?

Are you able to inform us what the actual exif reported vertical resolution of the video from the mini is?

Well.. That seems to be it. Could it be that the MM ouputs 6 pixels too much veritcally?

I attached a screenshot showing the vertical resolution;

LEFT: Raw file
RIGHT: Adobe Premiere rendered file

Attachments

• dji.JPG
    dji.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 45
Well.. That seems to be it. Could it be that the MM ouputs 6 pixels too much veritcally?

I attached a screenshot showing the vertical resolution;

LEFT: Raw file
RIGHT: Adobe Premiere rendered file
Nice one Mate- this is great news. The issue seems to be six lines of extra rubbish at the bottom (perhaps top also in some cases). The fact it is masked out by premier really reinforces that it is extra outside what we would expect to be properly rendered in a 2.7K frame.

Nice one Mate- this is great news. The issue seems to be six lines of extra rubbish at the bottom (perhaps top also in some cases). The fact it is masked out by premier really reinforces that it is extra outside what we would expect to be properly rendered in a 2.7K frame.

Yes! It seems like those 6 lines are not properly defined and end up beeing extra rubbish. This area is probably not supposed to show any image information at all. That is why most players stretch and fill the last part of the video over it.

I attached another screenshot.

Left side is Windows Media Player
Right side Adobe Premiere editing window.

Attachments

• dji2.JPG
    dji2.JPG
    433.5 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: F22arecool
Yes! It seems like those 6 lines are not properly defined and end up beeing extra rubbish. This area is probably not supposed to show any image information at all. That is why most players stretch and fill the last part of the video over it.

I attached another screenshot.

Left side is Windows Media Player
Right side Adobe Premiere editing window.
So how does this tie into my first video screenshot with an elliptical stretching? If the bar was completely straight then this makes sense for the player to add in additional information.

So how does this tie into my first video screenshot with an elliptical stretching? If the bar was completely straight then this makes sense for the player to add in additional information.

Oh man.. I didn't get that your distortion is elliptical. That's strange indeed and it almost ruins my theory.

If those 6 lines would be cut out of your video, your video would be perfectly fine too. It seems like some off sensor area which probably is not supposed to show up in the final image at all.

Oh man.. I didn't get that your distortion is elliptical. That's strange indeed and it almost ruins my theory.

If those 6 lines would be cut out of your video, your video would be perfectly fine also. It's seems like some off sensor area which probably is not supposed to show up in the image at all.
I will look at that footage and look at the exif data also and report back. The new drone has a straight line so it maybe a different but related problem ??

I will look at that footage and look at the exif data also and report back. The new drone has a straight line so it maybe a different but related problem ??
Or a different and unrelated problem. See what your left with discarding the extra 6 lines.

Is it possible this out of frame area is used to carry telemetry (analogous to the VBL insertions that carried teletext in cable and terrestrial tv broadcasts)? Unlikely given data could be buffered and downlinked as a seperate stream. DJI seem to be using the H22 to prepare the FPV stream and networking so who knows? The H22 has a seperate pipeline available for FPV so it’s looking like a long call. Yep, a wild guess on my part.

Reactions: meshuggy
This is a cool video and I think I see the same distortion.
Or a different and unrelated problem. See what your left with discarding the extra 6 lines.

Is it possible this out of frame area is used to carry telemetry (analogous to the VBL insertions that carried teletext in cable and terrestrial tv broadcasts)? Unlikely given data could be buffered and downlinked as a seperate stream. DJI seem to be using the H22 to prepare the FPV stream and networking so who knows? The H22 has a seperate pipeline available for FPV so it’s looking like a long call. Yep, a wild guess on my part.
Yeah something is up for sure. I wonder when DJI releases the fix they can also tell us what is actually going one haha

My first drone's video had the additional six lines added as well. When I cropped it off the border was perfect and it was in the correct resolution. So both drones were adding the exact same extra pixels. So this really supports the theory of it being a software issue and not a hardware :)

If anybody reads this and if they voted that their footage is normal, can you please check the file data and see what resolution the 2.7k video is. The normal resolution should be 2704 x 1520 and this is standard 2.7k resolution found in other cameras. The data that other members who did have a problem indicates the video is being shot at 2720 x 1536. Both of theses resolutions are wonky and this may be where the problems lie.

Reactions: meshuggy
If anybody reads this and if they voted that their footage is normal, can you please check the file data and see what resolution the 2.7k video is. The normal resolution should be 2704 x 1520 and this is standard 2.7k resolution found in other cameras. The data that other members who did have a problem indicates the video is being shot at 2720 x 1536. Both of theses resolutions are wonky and this may be where the problems lie.
Lumafusion (iOS) is identifying 2.7k video as 2720x1530 off my MM.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial