DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you seen similar problems on your MM video? (only respond if you have a mavic mini)

• Total voters
Just got mine yesterday and actually looked for the problem but mine is fine. The little thing is pretty amazing in a wind, actually.

Reactions: F22arecool
Lumafusion (iOS) is identifying 2.7k video as 2720x1530 off my MM.

Thanks for responding. Another indication that programs are able to recognize the correct resolution/ratio.

Do you even have these lines in the original footage? Or is your footage good in general? How did you vote in the poll?

If anybody without the distortion or with, can you please post your video resolutions? And can you also tell us if you have the FCC or the CE version? I want to see if the region has an effect.

Message from DJI:

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

We have already received a feedback from our engineers. As per them, the reason of this is due to the difference between the two decoding methods, hardware decoding and software decoding, which are not abnormal.

Principle: Because the system resolution (such as directly viewing the properties of the video file directly with a computer) is 2.7k is 2720 x 1536, and the video resolution is 2.7k is 2720 x 1530, so there will be a difference of 6 pixels at the bottom, causing the above phenomenon.

[Appearance scene]
It appears when uploading videos on some social media platforms, or using the Windows' own player or a low level player.

As for the solution, Please use a professional player (such as Potplayer) to play, this phenomenon does not occur. Or if the player has hardware decoding and software decoding, this phenomenon will occur if you choose hardware decoding, and will not occur by using software decoding. Also, this phenomenon does not occur when editing videos with editing software.

Should you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to reach us at [email protected] We're always happy to help whenever we can!

Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards,
Dan

I had already discovered the solution myself. Editing with professional software (I use Prodrenalin software) indeed ensures that the disturbance at the bottom of the image disappears. So I think they are right.

I use Potplayer already and it does show the bad 6 lines at the bottom of the video , as for Video Editing I have tried (full paid versions)
Cyberlink Powerdirector 365 latest version , and also
MAGIX Movie Edit Pro Plus , both video editors show the 6 bad lines at the bottom after exporting , the only way to get rid of it is to crop into the video in edit , which is not
a proper solution.
DJI the problem lies with yourselves to fix in a Firmware update for CE users.

do not lay the blame on the software that your customers are using to edit , I also own an Inspire 2 Inspire 1 , P4P , P4, Mavic pro , Mavic Pro 2 , P3P , Mavic Air , Spark . none of these craft
show this fault in any edit package . only the Mavic Mini.

Message from DJI:
That's such a horrible response from them. Its like they are shifting the blame on the users for playing their "amazing Mavic videos" on the users bad software (low level player??). It doesn't make sense because the majority of buyers for the Mavic Mini are not professionals and just want to share a cool video on facebook or something.
I use Potplayer already and it does show the bad 6 lines at the bottom of the video , as for Video Editing I have tried (full paid versions)
Cyberlink Powerdirector 365 latest version , and also
MAGIX Movie Edit Pro Plus , both video editors show the 6 bad lines at the bottom after exporting , the only way to get rid of it is to crop into the video in edit , which is not
a proper solution.
DJI the problem lies with yourselves to fix in a Firmware update for CE users.

do not lay the blame on the software that your customers are using to edit , I also own an Inspire 2 Inspire 1 , P4P , P4, Mavic pro , Mavic Pro 2 , P3P , Mavic Air , Spark . none of these craft
show this fault in any edit package . only the Mavic Mini.
Thank you for saying this. I agree completely and it makes me mad that DJI would respond like this.

Reactions: meshuggy
It does no good if the original data contains 1536 lines with 6 of those lines being garbage. It's not the player's job to crop.

Anyway my search shows typical 2.7K resolution to be 1520 lines.

It does no good if the original data contains 1536 lines with 6 of those lines being garbage. It's not the player's job to crop.

Anyway my search shows typical 2.7K resolution to be 1520 lines.
1574956742899.png

the actual video file i have has 1530 lines. i do not see anything at the bottom of the frame, if that is still the 'issue' discussed here, as frankly i lost track of what people do complain about now.

Does the 1080 video have 1086 lines and only display properly with a software decoder?
The problem doesn't occure on my 1080p footage at all. It's only present with 2,7k.

I also tried a mobile fix/editing solution with KineMaster Pro (which is a pretty good editing app on Android) and hoped the app would handle the 6 garbage lines correctly. With no luck.

I will try DJIs built in Video Editor later. It would be extremely embarrassing if their app didn't get that either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661