DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I've been talked out of the Mavic 2 for now

Hahaha! It saves pano and hyperlapse photos man....Breathe in, breathe out ....
whewwwww ok so it saves raw files for both pano and hyperlapse correct?? not just jpeg i dont want those only want raw files from the features, if it indeed ssves raw why was this posted that it does not?

Hello everyone who already bought Mavic 2 Pro,

could you tell me, does ND filters required for filming on this drone? ( As it was with first version of Mavic )

whewwwww ok so it saves raw files for both pano and hyperlapse correct?? not just jpeg i dont want those only want raw files from the features, if it indeed ssves raw why was this posted that it does not?

You can tell it to save raw or jpeg.

Reactions: genesimmons
Hello everyone who already bought Mavic 2 Pro,

could you tell me, does ND filters required for filming on this drone? ( As it was with first version of Mavic )

You might need some but not as many.

You have roughly 3 stops usable adjustment with the aperture so you might need 1 4 stop ND (or maybe, maybe 2 NDs).
You're certainly not going to need sets of the things.

Reactions: qwr
Guys, I want to upgrade my Mavic pro to the Mavic 2 Pro, do I go for it now or wait,
Here is my conversation with DJI, your help guys will determine if I get it now or wait?

Thank you for contacting DJI Pre Sales Customer Support. This is Nica, how may I help you?

Hello there

Hi, can you help with a few questions, please

Sure, may I know what it is?

I have in my cart a mavic 2 pro, mavic 2 fly more kit and type C connector

Alright.

I'm reluctant to purchase as I have heard the Mavic 2 pro is not that good and to wait until a few updated have made

1 precision landing is nowhere near as good as the mavic pro

Thank you for bringing this concern

2 the gimbal falls off and overheats

3 the drone overheats on a long flight

Oh sorry to hear that.

may I know your location, please

have you at DJI addressed these issues, I have been told to wait 6 months to purchase one

UK

I have a mavic pro now and want to upgrade to the mavic 2 pro, I'm very reluctant

Alright as I understand you are having trouble with the mavic pro and you want to upgrade it to mavic 2 pro, am I correct?

no, my mavic pro is fine, I want to purchase the mavic 2 pro but been warned against purchasing at the moment due to the 3 issues I have mentioned above

Oh I see.

as for This one please be guided that we have a technical support team that can help you with this once you have experienced those things.

Ummm, not the reply I wanted, I don't want to have these issues with a new drone, I was hoping you would tell me you at DJI have addressed these issues and fixed them...You have not told me that so obviously have not fixed these issues, so I will not purchase this drone just yet...until you fix those issues, shame!

I understand but no worries before we sell our drone this will undergo to the quality check and so all Steve.

【System Message】It has been a while since we heard from you. The chat will end automatically in two minutes.

Don't worry Steve, before you have purchased the mavic 2 pro this will go for the quality check, fly test , camera test and so all. cause we don't have to ruin our company name by just this one

I really fail to see any point at all in what you asked a service bot.

You pick internet issues that have limited evidence for actually existing and even if they do are 2 or 3 units out of several hundred thousands. What did you expect the guy to say?

Mavic Pro has Dual IMU and Dual Compass. The whole point of having dual compass is for redundancy. I've had the compass switch message in flight before so its nice to have that extra compass. Visual compass is all well and good but doesnt work in the dark (unlike a second compass).

In theory the redundant compass is good idea, but I don't think I've ever looked at a flight log where the FC recognized a compass problem and switched. It probably does happen but perhaps not enough to make it useful. The second compass is useful for diagnosing magnetic interference issues though.

Plenty of mavics crash with compass errors with dual compass. A problem with the mavic design is everything is really close together - if theres magnetic interference chances are its affecting both compasses. It would make more sense in a Phantom where you can physically separate them by quite a bit more.

Plenty of mavics crash with compass errors with dual compass. A problem with the mavic design is everything is really close together - if theres magnetic interference chances are its affecting both compasses. It would make more sense in a Phantom where you can physically separate them by quite a bit more.

Like I said before, it's like they're looking for things to complain about. I don't know how often a second compass a half an inch away from the first really helped but I know someone that does...DJI. They have all the data. I know this is an unpopular opinion but don't believe that they just DO THINGS without any purpose or reason. I've sat through EXHAUSTIVE development meetings concerning products maybe a tenth as complicated as a drone. I don't buy this narrative that they "forgot" some feature or are holding things back to look good later. That's utterly ridiculous. They will sell the most units of this drone in the first few months and wanted to bring the best package possible to market. A year from now people will be looking for the Mavic 3 and no one will care about this dinosaur.

Last edited:
Reactions: safetorque
I really dont think dual compass really saved anything in Mavic 1 hence going to a single for mavic 2 (and maybe a different design).

Obviously if you want true redundancy you need 3 of them giving elective voting so they can effectively monitor each other. But that wont happen.

I haven't seen one that is at all clear on that, but YouTube is a bottomless pit of speculation and bad experimentation, so there are undoubtedly many that I have not seen.
I agree with your asseessment and speculations that inundate You Tube it will put a scare into you. I started off saying no to the Mavic 2 because of You Tube and then took the plunge and purchased it so far no rerets. Their are a few bugs here and their that will be resolved in firmware updates. I have always come to the conclusion that we are unpaid bata testers. This is my 7th DJI drone in five years.

Theres a difference between beta and alpha testing. Ultimately the drone works and it works well. Nobody in any industry releases a generation 1 product thats perfect. A lot of issues only come to light once exposed to the infinite variations of people, controllers and environments.

Nope. The dB scale is logaritmic, a 3dB step equals double sound pressure, without even entering frequencies.
The difference between a MPP and a M1P (without even mentioning Phantoms) is total.
Yes, but there's a good reason for this: Hearing perception is also logarythmic. So to sound twice as loud as a 10db sound, gotta crank it up to 20db, even though that's way more than twice the power.

Yes, but there's a good reason for this: Hearing perception is also logarythmic. So to sound twice as loud as a 10db sound, gotta crank it up to 20db, even though that's way more than twice the power.

Right on. In the loud car stereo world, If you can hit 130db with a 100 watt amp, It would take a 1000 watt amp to get you to 150db (but more likely you would only gain a 10 to 15 db increase with the extra 900 watts with out some serious work)

New to the forum and switching to DJI from multiple other drones where the mfg's have all dropped their consumer drones and went commercial/military...... Just sold my Typhoon H to get a Mavic unit (have not decided yet on which) and spending time on the forum.....

Just a quick chime in on the sound level. Sound Physics...... With all the notes above and doing some quick calculations..... I am really impressed that DJI was able to keep the sound level slightly above or better (to some) with a drone that is 173 grams heavier. Blades are slightly longer and slightly different in design but ****..... The physics of keeping the sound level down with a 23.5% increase in weight/load on the blades..... to me that's an improvement even if it's slightly louder.

To get better information we need to know the blade RPM's for comparison. Both drones hovering.... what RPM's are the blades going. Calculate using the blade pitch/chord/length for the lift and the sound pitch will be different...

Just my 2 cents. Really enjoy reading all the supportive and informative posts so far.....

I am also a loyal dji owner and have tried allmost all the dji products so far including the mavic pro and the mavic air.
Now i just received the mavic 2 pro and i have used it for a few days so i can say that i know what i am talking about..
Its an amazing machine which is emproved in everything over the mavic pro which i had (i dont have the platinum).
All the things you are saying are not true, it has everything the mavic 1 had plus much much much more..
I mean the Haseblad 1" camera is just amazing.
The precision landing is there with even a led light for the night!!
more sensors .. faster... more flight time... come on now ..
And the quality is exaclty the same as the mavic pro was not better not worse.. just perfect!
Didnt you see the video of a guy hiting the mavic at speed to a tree and nothing happened to it??

Seriously??? What are you smoking and can I get some of it?

In theory the redundant compass is good idea, but I don't think I've ever looked at a flight log where the FC recognized a compass problem and switched. It probably does happen but perhaps not enough to make it useful. The second compass is useful for diagnosing magnetic interference issues though.

I've definitely had compass error pop up on the Mavic Pro, the Go4 app shows as Redundancy switch or so something to that effect. I've yet to have my 1.5yr old Mavic Pro ever enter ATTI in flight.

My Experiences with other other AC:
* Spark (single compass, no visual) sometimes gets it and the drone enters ATTI briefly.
* Xiaomi 4k - (Dual IMU/Compass) Notorious for compass interference messages and has switched to backup compass.
* P3 (single IMU/compass) Sometimes encounters compass errors and will fall back to ATTI briefly
* Mavic Air: (Single Compass, Dual IMU) - I've yet to see any compass error show up, unsure how this redundant system works, if it simply masks the error and makes corrections or otherwise.

Quite happy to fly in ATTI so long as my radio link is strong, but it can spook new pilots a little.

Seriously...both Mavic-2's are light years away from the original Mavic Pro. Better Radio (Ocusync-2) more stable flight, especially in yaw orbits. The old Ambarella A9 image processor was downright hidious! It's noise reduction just crushed shadows and turned shady trees into a blob of wax. And, this is all before its 60mbs codec ever got ahold of it. That Ambarella A9 image processor dated all the way back to the GoPro 3. Lemme tell ya,....these Mavic-2's are 10times better in so many ways.

I've definitely had compass error pop up on the Mavic Pro, the Go4 app shows as Redundancy switch or so something to that effect. I've yet to have my 1.5yr old Mavic Pro ever enter ATTI in flight.

My Experiences with other other AC:
* Spark (single compass, no visual) sometimes gets it and the drone enters ATTI briefly.
* Xiaomi 4k - (Dual IMU/Compass) Notorious for compass interference messages and has switched to backup compass.
* P3 (single IMU/compass) Sometimes encounters compass errors and will fall back to ATTI briefly
* Mavic Air: (Single Compass, Dual IMU) - I've yet to see any compass error show up, unsure how this redundant system works, if it simply masks the error and makes corrections or otherwise.

Quite happy to fly in ATTI so long as my radio link is strong, but it can spook new pilots a little.

That's been my experience with the MP too, but in almost all cases the cause of the aircraft switching to ATTI that I've looked at (other than flying where there is inadequate GPS reception) has been magnetic interference at the launch site, and I've not seen one where a second compass appears to have helped.

There have been what feels like a similar number of compass problems with the MA, again due to launch site issues, and it's not been apparent what, if any, role the vision compass plays.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinskajitka