DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I've done Everything I can do to shoot 4K up and To buying a new S9 plus phone and still my 4K video is wavy

There are two ways I retrieve the video from the sd card. I sometimes use a card reader to upload to my computer.... and lately , I just hook up to the drone with a cable to the computer. That seems to be faster. I've been doing this 2 years I've had 3 drones. I download awesome looking pictures ,still pictures no problem. Also my 1080P video looks great. I've been doing it so long I have a computer almost full of that stuff. But 4K video does not shoot smooth like I've seen that it can be . it just does not do it for me..... my computer , like I've mentioned , is an older Dell. And all 4k I try on it I'd wavy,distorted,I can kind of understand that. I want to at least watch 4K video quality on my new phone. I get it that the video shot is coming off the bird.... and, I download directly from the bird. Back to the s9 plus I just bought. What if I use the card reader and attempt to upload directly to the s9........ shouldn't that work so that I could watch 4k quality on the phone?? And someone mentioned a monitor,.. I'm not running through a monitor, I'm not sure what you mean.

Ok... thank you all for all the info. I got it. I have never downloaded the car directly to the phone. But with this new phone I have they sent an adapter and I plug the card reader in to the adapter directly and downloaded a beautiful 4K video. Yeah I'm a little slow but finally figured it out thanks everybody.

I forgot mto mention ... you must have an Intel 7 processor or better.

I forgot mto mention ... you must have an Intel 7 processor or better.

This is actually not true. The i7 nomenclature dates back 11 years - far older than any computer hardware you would ever want ;) There are also many variants of i7's, with wildly different performance levels - the i7 designation alone means very little and is simply the prefix intel attaches to it's mid-level processors. Just to give you an idea, you can get a 2 core i7 that has a TDP of 4.5W and an 8 core i7 that has a TDP of 165W. Both are i7's - but performance is orders of magnitude apart.

Reactions: Brewbud
This is actually not true. The i7 nomenclature dates back 11 years - far older than any computer hardware you would ever want ;) There are also many variants of i7's, with wildly different performance levels - the i7 designation alone means very little and is simply the prefix intel attaches to it's mid-level processors. Just to give you an idea, you can get a 2 core i7 that has a TDP of 4.5W and an 8 core i7 that has a TDP of 165W. Both are i7's - but performance is orders of magnitude apart.
My son is an engineer working for Intel in the PHX fab where they make these. While the designated machine must have some version of the i7 chip, the number of cores only relates to speed and the number of requests that can be processed simultaneously. So if you’re pleased with your device, stay with it.

I believe the OP is doing all these downloading from the AC to his computer and to his S9 phone. Not once I read he is taking the SD card out of the AC and mounting it in the phone or Computer. Is this what I'm reading from the OP?

I believe the OP is doing all these downloading from the AC to his computer and to his S9 phone. Not once I read he is taking the SD card out of the AC and mounting it in the phone or Computer. Is this what I'm reading from the OP?

Does that matter? If I copy the files via usb or even from the card to my computer or tablet, it should be the same card. Whether is plays I would guess should depend on the computer/tablet/phone and not the manner it which it was transferred. Unless some change was made in the transfer????

So i have an s9+ . What i do is take sdcard out of mavic 2. Insert the sdcard into my galaxy s9+ and go to my "files" app u will see its a yellow folder iconed app go in there to "dcim" plays back nice and crispy....this downloading stuff idk what you are doing but u cant download a 4k video from the mavic 2....u can also take the card out of mavic and insert into computer to view files....or plug usb c cable into mavic and hook up other end to computer leaving card inserted into mavic and view files that way....so there is a few ways u can do it....i just use the first way its fast and if i like what i see and dont really care to edit it ....then u can longpress on file and move it from "sd card" to "internal" of phone and add so.e music from a website etc. And upload to the youtubes ;)

So i have an s9+ . What i do is take sdcard out of mavic 2. Insert the sdcard into my galaxy s9+ and go to my "files" app u will see its a yellow folder iconed app go in there to "dcim" plays back nice and crispy....this downloading stuff idk what you are doing but u cant download a 4k video from the mavic 2....u can also take the card out of mavic and insert into computer to view files....or plug usb c cable into mavic and hook up other end to computer leaving card inserted into mavic and view files that way....so there is a few ways u can do it....i just use the first way its fast and if i like what i see and dont really care to edit it ....then u can longpress on file and move it from "sd card" to "internal" of phone and add so.e music from a website etc. And upload to the youtubes ;)
So.. do you actually slide the card tray out on the phone and put the card inside the phone ? Or, do you mean to put the card in a reader?......

So.. do you actually slide the card tray out on the phone and put the card inside the phone ? Or, do you mean to put the card in a reader?......
What i do most of the time ( because i upload to youtube) and its easy....ill take tge sdcard out of drone....grab my s9+ go to settings / device care / storage / sdcard...tap setting at top and unmount sdcard in phone....then i will get my little sim tool pop tray open put drone sd in...(ill leave phone sd somewheres safe) now that drone sd in galaxy i can actually watch my 4k files directly or move files from drone sdcard to internal storage of galaxy if i want to mess around with it....the file app i use is in the samsung apps section in app drawer it is a yellow icon and looks like a folder....now when im done with drone sd i will repeat what i did earlier... (settings / device care / storage / sdcard...settings top right and unmount....now i take drone sd out of galaxy and put back in drone....done! A couple tips record in mp4 on drone and h265 only works with a fast computer....so use h264 if using a device for fast editing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98