DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just bought a mini 3 pro,any advice/links?

stooge75

Reactions
My mini 3 pro plus RC/screen arrives tomorrow and just thought I’d ask you guys with experience if there are any really informative videos etc that explain the best ways of flying etc for a newcomer to dji?

Will definitely be doing that bud. Was just wondering if anyone knew of any good YouTube tutorials or links to any
Look at the Deep Dive video on the Mini 3 Pro from the Pilot Institute. And be sure to get your FAA Trust Certificate first thing. You can do the TRUST certificate on their website, too. They're an FAA-approved provider.

A few tips:
  • Until you've built some time, fly in a wide open place and stay far away from trees, powerlines, buildings, ...
  • Get comfortable with the controls and build some muscle memory by flying box patterns, then ovals. Note how the controls seem "reversed" when the drone is flying toward you compared to flying away from you.
  • Don't mess around with the automated modes for a while.
  • Be sure you understand how the RTH function works.
  • Don't take off until you've checked the compass orientation, have a white GPS satellite icon, and have a valid home point set.
  • Monitor the battery status continually during your flight. Land with 2- - 25% minimum.
  • Do your takeoffs and landings manually rather than using the auto modes.
  • Focus on flying first and photography and videography later.
  • Have fun.

I would add a few more to the excellent suggestions already provided:
  • Pilot institute has a very good class on Drone Maneuvers Mastery - they have 50 different maneuvers to practice flying - I'm still starting on the 2 star maneuvers now and am impressed.
  • There are some other youtube videos on flying practice (The drone creative is a good one)
  • Second and third the advice on not to fly until you have the white GPS icon and "the home point has been updated" audio confirmation. This is REALLY important.
  • After you get a GPS lock, ensure your drone is pointed in the correct direction on the map
  • Do not rely on Obstacle Avoidance to keep you out of trouble -it is good, but not perfect.

If there is a chance you might get caught in the Rain you might want to consider gettting a Wet Suit.
This is the one drone that is not to good in the rain, as the sensors can burn out in Seconds.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 3 in the Rain.

Reactions: stooge75
If there is a chance you might get caught in the Rain you might want to consider gettting a Wet Suit.
This is the one drone that is not to good in the rain, as the sensors can burn out in Seconds.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 3 in the Rain.

Why is the Mini 3 Pro more sensitive to rain than other DJI models? Have there been many documented cases of sensors failing?

My mini 3 pro plus RC/screen arrives tomorrow and just thought I’d ask you guys with experience if there are any really informative videos etc that explain the best ways of flying etc for a newcomer to dji?
YouTube is your friend when it comes to the mini 3 pro. This is my favorite:

First, read the manual several times. Pay attention to the sections with this mark - View attachment 167587
Then, Youtube Mini 3 Pro. TONS of good videos there.
^^^ This, most definitely. The M3P has a lot of capability, and a lot of opportunity to have a bad day without doing the reading. Amazing the number of various forum questions asked that are simply answered by reading the User Manual. “Technique Only”, as they say.

Congrats on your new purchase! I’ve had mine for about a month. 5th drone but it’s a really fun one with a lot of new capability with the way the gimbal works and all.
I did have an issue with it losing connection and took me a few days to find it lol. So stay within eye site and wouldn’t be a bad idea to get an apple air tag or a tile sticker for it just in case you have trouble finding it at some point. I have one on mine now. It’s a very small drone and easy to lose in a tree or tall grass ;). Obv do all the things above as well. Know the rules and limits of your aircraft. Cheers! Have fun with it!

Reactions: GUNNY and stooge75
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman