DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got a LifThor. Options for use?

plav1959

Reactions
Stupidly didn’t get a lanyard when I ordered it. Thought I would use an iPad 9.7 with it, but it’s too old to use DJI GO 4. Forced to use iPad Pro 12.9 which is very awkward. Just wondering if I’d be better off ordering a lanyard or drilling and tapping for use with a monopod? Any recommendations on options would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Stupidly didn’t get a lanyard when I ordered it. Thought I would use an iPad 9.7 with it, but it’s too old to use DJI GO 4. Forced to use iPad Pro 12.9 which is very awkward. Just wondering if I’d be better off ordering a lanyard or drilling and tapping for use with a monopod? Any recommendations on options would be greatly appreciated!
With the 12.9" iPad you may want the suspender style lanyard, I use THESE
Just my opinion but I don't think a monopod is a good solution, I walk around too much while flying, it would get in the way for me.

Here’s my solution using an iPad mini5, the Skyreat holder, and the FT Aviator:

414270468.jpg

414270470.jpg

I just drilled a 9/16” hole and fastened it to the top of a cheap mic stand. A monopod would work, but I needed both hands for the FT.

Jake

Reactions: Sully53
With the 12.9" iPad you may want the suspender style lanyard, I use THESE
Just my opinion but I don't think a monopod is a good solution, I walk around too much while flying, it would get in the way for me.
Thanks, seems like a fairly inexpensive option. Just ordered one. Going to keep my options open for a monopod with tripod feet though.

Here’s my solution using an iPad mini5, the Skyreat holder, and the FT Aviator:

414270468.jpg

414270470.jpg

I just drilled a 9/16” hole and fastened it to the top of a cheap mic stand. A monopod would work, but I needed both hands for the FT.

Jake
Nice solution! I like the idea of a tripod instead of a monopod. I have a camera tripod, just concerned about the footprint. Thinking of a monopod with small tripod base.

Nice solution! I like the idea of a tripod instead of a monopod. I have a camera tripod, just concerned about the footprint. Thinking of a monopod with small tripod base.
It’s basically a $20.00USD folding mic stand you can source at a local Guitar Center. The legs collapse and clamp for transport and the height is adjustable over a fairly wide range.
Here is the whole deal:

414270471.jpg

Jake

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argentry