DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered goggles!

moosedrooln

Reactions
I've seen mixed reviews all over the place... Just placed an order for them from Amazon for $350. I'm sure DJI will come out with an updated new lightweight version of the goggles now that I ordered them. Almost like it's guaranteed to rain after I wash my truck. Hopefully these are enjoyable!

Reactions: Drone_guy
I've seen mixed reviews all over the place... Just placed an order for them from Amazon for $350. I'm sure DJI will come out with an updated new lightweight version of the goggles now that I ordered them. Almost like it's guaranteed to rain after I wash my truck. Hopefully these are enjoyable!

LOL...I hear ya! I'm wanting to buy them too but I just know somebody is going to have a great sale on them around Black Friday or going into the holiday season so I just can't bring myself to buy them now.

I saw the mixed reviews also. Went ahead a pulled the trigger on a pair today. Hope I can send them back if they suck.

Reactions: moosedrooln
Ha! I thought I was the only one that happens to..
However, I'm an owner of the white dji goggles and I absolutely LOVE THEM!! I went ahead and ordered the max magnification inserts and everything is perfect with my goggles. Even beforehand, I just wore readers under them and that was fine but now it's PERFECT.

YOU'LL LOVE THEM!!!

However, I'm an owner of the white dji goggles and I absolutely LOVE THEM!! I went ahead and ordered the max magnification inserts and everything is perfect with my goggles. Even beforehand, I just wore readers under them and that was fine but now it's PERFECT.

YOU'LL LOVE THEM!!!

What inserts did you order? I'm a bit disappointed with the goggles. I have had better than 20/20 vision my whole life. I struggle to get the field of view focused. I honestly cannot believe they didn't think of this when making them...but whatever. I like them, but for me I have to really struggle to get them to sit on my fat head to see properly. Maybe inserts or something would help?

YOU'LL LOVE THEM!!!

Can I ask where you ordered the max magnification inserts?

Thanks

Can I ask where you ordered the max magnification inserts?

Thanks
Ebay. $30. You guys will have to look around... And don't discount just buying a strong set of cheaters for $3 from Walmart until you find a reasonable priced set of inserts on ebay

Just received mine today! Still at work though and haven't had a chance to charge them up. Will try tomorrow morning before heading in to work!!

Just received mine today! Still at work though and haven't had a chance to charge them up. Will try tomorrow morning before heading in to work!!
How do you like them? I'm getting used to them now; at first I was going to return them but changed my mind.

I ordered DJI focus fixers from the DJI Store.
44 bucks, came in a week. 3.5 diopter perfect for
viewing my PC or My Typhoon H, with HDMI out,
since the Goggles RE do not work past 1300 feet
on my new Mavic 2 Pro!
I decided to KEEP them because I BELIEVE DJI
will come up with the FIX for the Low Range issues.....

I use them on nearly every flight.

However, I don't fly much in urban areas and I always force mode/channel and 10Mhz bandwidth. I also NEVER use the HD mode simply because it would force me to record my video in 1080p/30fps. Furthermore, I don't use any head tracking either. Head tracking gimbal is useless because you loose AC flight orientation mainly because the AR support is acting on AC pitch (no need for that at all) and has no off-screen assist. Head tracking flight is a bit more usable especially with the yaw sensitivity turned to "low" in order to use "pitch" only. Unfortunately there are definitive issues in horizontal gimbal stability during flight in particular during sweeping panning flights. While the AC is yawing a smooth wide radius, the gimbal will stall and twitch occasionally as if it wants to counteract the yaw.

So, would I recommend getting them for the huge amount of money? - No, I would not because the only reason left for them to be used is that they do have a good display, but at what cost (both financially and excessive bulk)!

I wish DJI (goggle engineering) would listen to us! :rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31