DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just Ordered MA2 from B&H

virtualphotographers

Reactions
OK, so I waited as long as possible but with a big road trip coming, I needed a drone to go (gave my Mavic Pro to nephew) I ordered a Mavic Air 2.

I know the Mavic well (most of the DJI family for that matter). Question is, now that the air has been out for a while, what should I know about the Air 2?

I guessing, I'll get into it all pretty quickly but if there are any quirks or tricks, I'd love to know

Just browse around. Everything you want to know has already been covered multiple times here and elsewhere. The search function and google are your friend.

Reactions: dirkclod
I'm sure the new App will have a learning curve but it won't take long to get used to.

If you’ve flown the Mavic Pro, this platform will be elementary for you. You may find it boring compared to what you are used to.

You will love it. It's a great system. I bought an Air 2 to replace my Phantom 4 which I gave to my nephew. I also have a Mavic 2 Pro which is registered and used commercially, and the Air 2 is for fun flying, and I actually enjoy flying it over the M2P.

The only things that I can think of are the new battery issue and the different controller. If you bought the Fly More Kit, charge each battery for the first time with just the charger and do not use the charging hub. Some folks have reported bricking their batteries using the hub for the first charge. Something about activation of the batteries. I'm not sure what you use as a flight monitor - phone, tablet... - but the controller is very different. If you use a tablet, you will want to search out "tablet mount for Mavic Air 2" or the like. There are a few options, and the pros and cons are discussed. Enjoy your road trip and fly safe!

Reactions: G Randy Brown
I found the new app easy to pick up.

OK, so I waited as long as possible but with a big road trip coming, I needed a drone to go (gave my Mavic Pro to nephew) I ordered a Mavic Air 2.

I know the Mavic well (most of the DJI family for that matter). Question is, now that the air has been out for a while, what should I know about the Air 2?

I guessing, I'll get into it all pretty quickly but if there are any quirks or tricks, I'd love to know
Best recommendation I could give, watch a couple of YouTube videos on Upgrade differences. I'm still learning so can't help much.
Good luck!

Reactions: G Randy Brown
have had the MA2 for a few weeks now and I can tell you that it's not that different if you've flown DJI drones before. I've come from the P3P pro and also a spark and the new DJI fly app is very similar albeit not as convoluted as the DJI Go 4 app. It gives you the basic telemetry data plus a quick way to access the most frequent features of the drone. Like some people mentioned, I would just browse youtube for vids on the DJI fly app, namely the mavic mini and MA2 reviews and it should give you an idea of what to expect when you fly with the app. Fly safe. Cheers.

Did you already buy? What is the price at B&H now? May be able to steer you to a lower price...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan