DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Keeps disconnecting!

Devster

Reactions
This controller hates the note 5. The phone is a lousy fit into the arms, the rubber holder's in the arm is always pushing the home button and worst of all is the cable,,, I keep losing connection. The slightest bump will disconnect the phone!

Sorry I'm just venting, but if someone has a solution besides switching to iPoon please let me know...

Last edited:
This controller hates the note 5. The phone is a lousy fit into the arms, the rubber holder's in the arm is always pushing the home button and worst of all is the cable,,, I keep losing connection. The slightest bump will disconnect the phone!

Sorry I'm just venting, but if someone has a solution besides switching to iPoon please let me know...
I use a note 5 with my MP. I removed the little retaining ring so the cable just seats there and then I plug it in and have no problems. ( will I can't do a screen shot). that maybe me though :cool::confused:

Great tips! I only spend a short time trying to find info on the central bottom usb port,,, what all can it be used for?

Great tips! I only spend a short time trying to find info on the central bottom usb port,,, what all can it be used for?
A normal usb port. Most people use it . If they are using a tablet with an after market stand.

Mine connects fine with the note 5. But I am having a MA bracket sent because removing the phone case every time I want to fly is annoying.

I use the Polar Pro phone mount when I’m using my iPhone X. It snaps onto the controller and it’s SOLID. It puts the phone above the controller which, to me, is much easier to use. When the phone is between the grips, I feel Iike I’m looking straight down and not aware of my surroundings. And the phone seems to work itself loose during flying.

DJI Mavic Air / Spark - Phone Mount

I also use an iPad Mini for my flying and just got the new MavMount 3.0 for the Mavic Air. VERY solid mounting option. This 3.0 version is different than the 2.0 version in that the mount fits into the joystick storage slots on the Air’s controller and snugs up to the controller for a nice, tight, and centered fit. The ballhead feels high quality with a nice rubber cover on the ballmount knob. You can get this mount and then buy the clamp for a phone or tablet that just threads on. Great unit for a great price and they have very fast USPS priority shipping. It made it from CA to PA in 2 days. Very happy with this solution.

Red MavMount 3.0 DJI Mavic Pro and Spark iPad Tablet adapter system | MavMount

What bracket area you getting?

I tried the Polar Pro mount but I'm sending it back. When the phone is mounted to the bracket, there is no room to fully deploy the remote control antennas straight up anymore because the phone is in the way. I just ordered the MavicMount and I'll see how that goes.

I tried the Polar Pro mount but I'm sending it back. When the phone is mounted to the bracket, there is no room to fully deploy the remote control antennas straight up anymore because the phone is in the way. I just ordered the MavicMount and I'll see how that goes.

The antennas don’t have to be perpendicular to the remote controller...just perpendicular to the drone in the air (or parallel to the drone if it’s right above you). I always have my controller at an angle to the antennas appear to be at a 30-45 degree angle to the controller but they’re directly facing the drone’s direction. I have no range problems using the Polar Pro mount. However, the MavMount is a killer piece of kit too so you really can’t go wrong with either. Just make sure you get the 3.0 version because the 2.0 absolutely does NOT fit tight to the controller. Using the iPad Mini has been a really nice upgrade to the entire flying experience. It’s definitely a larger viewing experience but not TOO large. Best Buy just had them on sale for $299 this past weekend but they’re up to $399 again now so keep an eye out for sales.

The antennas don’t have to be perpendicular to the remote controller...just perpendicular to the drone in the air (or parallel to the drone if it’s right above you). I always have my controller at an angle to the antennas appear to be at a 30-45 degree angle to the controller but they’re directly facing the drone’s direction. I have no range problems using the Polar Pro mount. However, the MavMount is a killer piece of kit too so you really can’t go wrong with either. Just make sure you get the 3.0 version because the 2.0 absolutely does NOT fit tight to the controller. Using the iPad Mini has been a really nice upgrade to the entire flying experience. It’s definitely a larger viewing experience but not TOO large. Best Buy just had them on sale for $299 this past weekend but they’re up to $399 again now so keep an eye out for sales.

If the aircraft is up in the air and remote in hand, to be perpendicular to the aircraft the antennas have to be able to stand up at least at a 90 degree angle or more. That's impossible with the Polar Pro mount, unless you want to tilt the remote back towards you. It is made out of excellent material though and would be hard to break. It just doesn't work for me. I'm not sure if I got the 2.0 or 3.0 MavicMount, but I like that the bracket mounts in the remote clamp instead of further up front. I'm supposed to get it by tomorrow so I may post a review about it here soon!
By the way, as for the Note 5, it was an extremely tight fit in the Polar Pro with the phone case still on. The whole purpose of the mount was so i wouldn't have to remove the phone case every time I wanted to fly.

If the aircraft is up in the air and remote in hand, to be perpendicular to the aircraft the antennas have to be able to stand up at least at a 90 degree angle or more. That's impossible with the Polar Pro mount, unless you want to tilt the remote back towards you...
The flat part of the antennas need to face the aircraft for peak reception. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but I think the RC antennas transmit a signal on both sides equally. This means that if the aircraft is directly above you can lay the antennas straight out so the back flat side is facing up.

Honestly, if staying within 400 feet height (USA) more or less directly above you, it really does not matter what angle the antennas are at; the signal is more than strong enough to maintain control. It is only when you get out a ways or there are obstacles in the way that the antenna positioning becomes important.

Just about every Samsung phone has that stupid home button in that same spot, which aggravates me as well. However, I'm not having the phone disconnection problems you describe. Did you try a different cable?

If the aircraft is up in the air and remote in hand, to be perpendicular to the aircraft the antennas have to be able to stand up at least at a 90 degree angle or more. That's impossible with the Polar Pro mount, unless you want to tilt the remote back towards you. It is made out of excellent material though and would be hard to break. It just doesn't work for me. I'm not sure if I got the 2.0 or 3.0 MavicMount, but I like that the bracket mounts in the remote clamp instead of further up front. I'm supposed to get it by tomorrow so I may post a review about it here soon!
By the way, as for the Note 5, it was an extremely tight fit in the Polar Pro with the phone case still on. The whole purpose of the mount was so i wouldn't have to remove the phone case every time I wanted to fly.
All true but the mount does not hurt ....transmission signal like u think it would and this is looking at screen normally and not tilted towards u. I also thought it would be a problem but nope. Pp mount is a go. I was first on leaderboard on our distance thread here....as far as range as of today 2nd with over 13,000 feet. So pp mount will not affect signal even if the antennas arent perfectly 90°

Edit my s8+ with case fits fine in pp mount and has plenty of room still what were u using with note 5! Otterbox 8.0? Lol and the note 5 is smaller then the gs8+! I think the note 5 is about 8 or 9 mm in width thicker...crazy it didnt fit good

..and iannes the spark uses an "otg " cable not the mav air u can either use micro usb on side or full usb on bottom. For ease of use bottom is way better with 10 in cable

Last edited:
Reactions: Verizondrone28
Just about every Samsung phone has that stupid home button in that same spot, which aggravates me as well. However, I'm not having the phone disconnection problems you describe. Did you try a different cable?
I've been using the central usb port with a short cable I already had. The cable that came with the MA will disconnect at the slightest touch.

Old post but, yes, my short cable failed. Went with the big usb port on the controller and regular cable. Problem solved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot