DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC grid, coordinates

Fly Petaluma

Reactions
How can one determine the dimensions, in miles, of a square in the grid surrounding a LAANC airport? Are all squares the same size? Is there a way to take the latitude, longitude coordinates from locations on the grid and create a flight path with them?

This page might be a good place to start: UAS Facility Maps

On the facilities map, you can get the GPS coords at the mouse cursor. If you are looking for more specific details, I believe you can download the same map data that other service providers use.

This page might be a good place to start: UAS Facility Maps

On the facilities map, you can get the GPS coords at the mouse cursor. If you are looking for more specific details, I believe you can download the same map data that other service providers use.
Can I use the GPS coords to dertermine the length, in feet or miles, of a side of a square in the grid?

See item #13: Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Facility Maps – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Map Contents and Specific Circumstances
13. How large are the UAS Facility Map (UASFM) grid boxes?
The UASFM grid parameters are 1 minute of latitude by 1 minute of longitude; in most of the contiguous 48 states, this equates to one square mile or approximately 600 acres. The actual size of UASFM grids in Alaska may vary slightly.

Reactions: Fly Petaluma
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugsoft