DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leaflet or handout

dreyezjr

Reactions
Hello,
Does anybody have a good handout or leaflet they use when out flying that they give to the public?
A template maybe?

For what purpose?

Reactions: MARK (LI)
For what purpose?
I saw in another post someone had one for a handout but they were in the UK. I'm in Cali so I was looking for something i can use when i go out. Something that will help if someone approaches me and needs info on what I'm doing. Not sure if I make sense.

Reactions: Torque
What works better than a handout is:

1. Don't fly where you're not supposed to
2. If doing a job, dress and be professional
3. A high-res vest helps in most cases.
4. Know the FAA rules and adhere to them.

I have been flying drones for more than ten years and have only been confronted four times, of which only one was negative.

I have been flying drones for more than ten years and have only been confronted four times, of which only one was negative.
Thank you for the info

The Leaflets and Pappers and 107 Certificate do very little to satisfy people that are angry or upset or believe there right.

Being part of the Neighbor Hood watch I have found somthing that really works well.

Tell them that your flying in the area to see if the Drone would be a good for Search and Rescue for your Neighborhood Watch Program.

Let them know your flying to Check GPS Signal , Transmission Signal and Video Signal.
Let them know that drones are being used for Perimiter checks as well as spotting lost dogs.

Many times I will than post a quick video of the flight on the Neighbor hood watch just for confirmation
that the area is safe , been doing that now for the last 6 years.

Many people have made the comment that it helps if your drone looks like its part of a Search an Rescue and with the Wet Suits we suggest for your drone , it most certainly will stand out as an Extreme Weather drone .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water , and sign up for your Neighbor hood watch program.

The Leaflets and Pappers and 107 Certificate do very little to satisfy people that are angry or upset or believe there right.

Being part of the Neighbor Hood watch I have found somthing that really works well.

Tell them that your flying in the area to see if the Drone would be a good for Search and Rescue for your Neighborhood Watch Program.

Let them know your flying to Check GPS Signal , Transmission Signal and Video Signal.
Let them know that drones are being used for Perimiter checks as well as spotting lost dogs.

Many times I will than post a quick video of the flight on the Neighbor hood watch just for confirmation

Many people have made the comment that it helps if your drone looks like its part of a Search an Rescue and with the Wet Suits we suggest for your drone , it most certainly will stand out as an Extreme Weather drone .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water , and sign up for your Neighbor hood watch program.
The search and rescue idea is something I was actually considering.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Similar to Phantomrain in post #6, I fly for the local VFD when/if needed, and that usually seems to be all I need to say. I can also tell anyone who questions me that I’m getting my hours in to keep my skills up. I also wear my 107 Certificate and drone registration on a lanyard and, when appropriate, I let the local PD know I’m flying if in a very public place. I don’t like confrontations. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I use Handouts I dont have a template BUT:
Mine: Simply State My Name , My purpose for being there and any legal info such as local drone ordinances and I ALWAYS include the local police Dept. Number NOT 911.
It also lists the penalties for throwing things at my drone or distracting me. I will also keep a copy of the California drone laws with me (downloadable). and the last little page is titled Your rights as a property owner and drone activity. AND
I feel it is always best to inform beforehand If you are doing a job in a town 1. Call the police dept. there, and tell them that you have a job in the area and to expect calls from neighbors. 2. Make yourself obvious- I have one of those cheesy FAA Drone pilot safety vest and I will usually tape off my landing areas ALSO: I have a small stand located about 30 ft. from me with a sign and all the info right there. On the top of this is a small sign that says:
UNLAWFUL TO DISTURB PILOT any concerns should be directed to -Name of local police rep. and number.
My spotter usually handles the people and being able to supply the various info to people around me has helped a bit with the Karens.

NONE of that will deter anyone.
1) Does not matter where you fly, Karen's will still confront you.
2) Suit and tie? LOL
3) Still will not always deter some people
4) ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH INFORMING CIVILIANS.

Reactions: Jam0ne and AirStag

Phantomrain.org
But can't hurt to have them. :) Speaking of wet suit. I need to get one for my Mini 3 Pro. :) But not sure if I wan't to put it over 250g.

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
First off I'm a bit surprised that the first reactions to your question assumed you were being harassed by the public. This group is really perpetuating the fear of flying in public it seems, or am I just seeing things? I don't encounter this on my other drone groups, but we seem to have a few members who turn almost every thread into a cautionary tale of how you have to be armed and protect yourself because you are flying a drone. And I see that fear popping up in many threads here now.

Anyway, I remember the post were a member said they have a card or handout with information on the hobby, laws, regulations, etc. I have been approached by many people who are genuinely interested in learning about drones, something like this would be a valuable asset to further educate the public, and further positive interest in the hobby/business of drones.

Reactions: Cafguy and Meta4
NONE of that will deter anyone.
1) Does not matter where you fly, Karen's will still confront you.
2) Suit and tie? LOL
3) Still will not always deter some people
4) ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH INFORMING CIVILIANS.
Of course, I disagree with you. I have been flying for many years and have been there done that. Furthermore, I did NOT say anything about a suit and tie. If you quote someone, get it right.

Of course, I disagree with you. I have been flying for many years and have been there done that. Furthermore, I did NOT say anything about a suit and tie. If you quote someone, get it right.
That's funny. You have to admit. A suit and tie or a tuxedo would really trip people out.

Reactions: Andy carley
That's funny. You have to admit. A suit and tie or a tuxedo would really trip people out.
Funny, cute, doesn't matter really. I was trying to answer your question.

Reactions: dreyezjr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR