DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Legs rubbing on body of Air 2

Branman

Reactions
I’m not sure if anyone has noticed or maybe it’s just mine but it bothers me the legs of the drone rub on the body when folded in. Maybe I’m being too picky here but these things aren’t exactly cheap. There are marks on the body already when I got it out of the box so I can only imagine over time. Any thoughts or anyone else experience this? Thank you.

Complaints about that appeared when the M2 came out but has since died down. The idea is to prevent the legs from banging against the body when transporting.

Mavic 2 legs would touch body when closing, but when it’s fully closed it’s not touching enough to add stress to the arm.

Haven’t seen the MA2 up close yet, it’s probably just like the Mavic 2.

Others brought up this same issue with the Mavic 2 when it was released, Turned out not to be an issue.

Paul

Mavic 2 legs would touch body when closing, but when it’s fully closed it’s not touching enough to add stress to the arm.

Haven’t seen the MA2 up close yet, it’s probably just like the Mavic 2.

Others brought up this same issue with the Mavic 2 when it was released, Turned out not to be an issue.

Paul
Right. Like I said, that was to prevent the arms from banging against the body in transport.

I’m not sure if anyone has noticed or maybe it’s just mine but it bothers me the legs of the drone rub on the body when folded in. Maybe I’m being too picky here but these things aren’t exactly cheap. There are marks on the body already when I got it out of the box so I can only imagine over time. Any thoughts or anyone else experience this? Thank you.

Are you talking about in the joints of the rear legs when they lock into place? My MA2 doesn’t contact the drone anywhere else.

I leave some of the original protective stickers on my drones for resell value. I recently sold my Mavic Air with two of the original protective stickers (where the blades would otherwise abrade the top-shell part), and they are still in great condition. The Mavic Air 2 now has two original stickers, one on each side of the main body behind the gimbal area, so that the legs aren't wearing the body unnecessarily.

One thing I'm not quite content with yet is the wear of the stored blades against the top side of the battery (when stored with battery attached). I might trial some transparent scotch tape to see if that helps, just some slim strips of it to stop the blades getting damaged as well as the blades wearing the battery coats. The tape would protect the blades as well as the battery by being the weaker material to abrade and is easily replaceable.

I'm sure plenty of people would go with decals, but why spend so much money on pre-cut addons when you can do it easily with a tiny bit of patience and careful cutting of transparent removable tape.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capitalinguists