DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lens Distortion - potential fix in Davinci Resolve 15 Free

Dale Rodgers

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
While I do not accept that the lens distortion cannot be fixed in FW (and should be!), in the interim here's a workaround for Davinci Resolve 15 Free (and paid Studio).

I too was disgusted in having to pay for post-processing software and almost stumped up the £250 for the Studio verison of Resolve with Lens Correction until I came across the following video:

It has to be DR15 for the new Fusion effects. You'll need DR15 anway to be able to import H265.

What I find interesting is that the 'old' studio paid version of Lens Correction was a simple slider. The Fusion version (in both Studio paid and free) has many more options and even looks like it can import a lens profile. I think you can record macros in Fusion to speed up this process.

So come on DJI, get it fixed in FW but give us a lens profile in the intermin (that's compatible with the free version of DR15 and other common video editing suites!).

Only quickly tried it this morning so don't shoot the messenger!

Hope it helps,
Dale

While I do not accept that the lens distortion cannot be fixed in FW (and should be!), in the interim here's a workaround for Davinci Resolve 15 Free (and paid Studio).

I too was disgusted in having to pay for post-processing software and almost stumped up the £250 for the Studio verison of Resolve with Lens Correction until I came across the following video:

It has to be DR15 for the new Fusion effects. You'll need DR15 anway to be able to import H265.

What I find interesting is that the 'old' studio paid version of Lens Correction was a simple slider. The Fusion version (in both Studio paid and free) has many more options and even looks like it can import a lens profile. I think you can record macros in Fusion to speed up this process.

So come on DJI, get it fixed in FW but give us a lens profile in the intermin (that's compatible with the free version of DR15 and other common video editing suites!).

Only quickly tried it this morning so don't shoot the messenger!

Hope it helps,
Dale
Thanks, nice job!

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member