DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lesson learned the hard way

ScheisseKopf

Reactions
I am new to this. I did something stupid with my MP. I butchered my hand showing my son how accident avoidance works. I had it on sport mode by accident. I never flown on sport mode intentionally . Lesson learned. I will always check the side switch. Please go easy on me I’ll be hurting for a while.

• Haha
Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
I am new to this. I did something stupid with my MP. I butchered my hand showing my son how accident avoidance works. I had it on sport mode by accident. I never flown on sport mode intentionally . Lesson learned. I will always check the side switch. Please go easy on me I’ll be hurting for a while.

We need to see pics of your hand.

Reactions: HVYMTL
My preflight check-list does include confirming switch position before T/O.

You were not the first one flying in sport mode without realizing it, and you won’t be the last one.

This is “first hand” observation....

We need to see pics of your hand.

You were not the first one flying in sport mode without realizing it, and you won’t be the last one.

I took off the bandages and see multiple lacerations that are razor thin and don’t show up well on camera unfortunately. Either way, OWW

When hovering those blades are rotating at about 9800 RPMs. They will cut through flesh easily. Which is why I try to avoid hand catching if possible. Not worth being out of work for.

You can take it out of your check-list because even if the switch position is on, when you start the drone the sport mode does not work. ???

Reactions: Simmo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078