DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lets hear from everyone who hasn't has promblems with there Mavic

I just got my Mavic Pro with the Fly More Combo and I flew it today until all 3 batteries were at 30%.
I had no issues!
I did NOT calibrate the IMU, I did NOT calibrate the compass.
All I did was update the firmware (not really much of a choice) and set it on the ground, turned on the drone battery, turned on the controller battery, got the "Ready for Flight" notice, touched the Auto-Take Off, moved the slider to confirm my choice....

And I was flying!!!

When each battery approached 30% I would land and turn off the battery, swap in a charged battery, wait for "Ready for Flight" and take off again! :)

There were a couple times I forgot to focus the camera and even more times I forgot to turn on the video recording!! Those problems are obviously operator error and do not reflect on the Mavic.

I started in "Beginner Mode" for the first few minutes to get comfortable with the controls and then I turned Beginner Mode off.

I didn't try for any real distance until the third battery. Then I flew off toward the local beach (deserted this time of year) and made it only about 1,500 ft and the controller told me "Maximum distance reached"!! I flew back to where I was and looked for the setting to turn off the "Limit Distance" option. When I found it I took off for the beach again! This time I made it (sweating bullets the whole time, waiting for my drone to fly away on me), and turned around and flew back to where I was. One way distance to the beach was about 1.5 miles.

I'm currently fighting off a cold (probably should not have gone out today, but I HAD to!) so I'm not sure when I'll fly again.

I've had mine since 10/28 and have 40 flights with it. No problems what so ever and I've flown it in 35+ mph winds and sub zero temperatures.

I've had mine since 10/28 and have 40 flights with it. No problems what so ever and I've flown it in 35+ mph winds and sub zero temperatures.
Can i ask how low temperatures you have been flying with M ?
Thanks

I finally got my Mavic last week......what an incredible device!!! I have flown 9 times with nothing but a minor pilot error(cold battery). It handled very well in quite windy conditions. Stick response is amazing. I have been flying my beefed up Phantom 2 now for 2 1/2 years. It seems big and clunky now....with no camera control on a Go Pro. My Phantom was awesome and gave me great visuals while having fun flying, but, the Magic really brings things to another level. I fly the beaches and back bays of Long Island and wherever work takes me as a photojournalist. I am grateful for this opportunity to join this Forum and discuss our love and craft with others.

Can i ask how low temperatures you have been flying with M ?
Thanks

The other night i flew it and the current temperature was -2 Fahrenheit but was probably a bit colder than that with wind chill. I had it inside before i took it out and flew it for about 15 min. and it handled just fine. The batter and body was of course pretty cold but no errors or warnings during the flight!

Newbie with his first drone, 22 flights later no issues though I did start off like a paranoid engineer before each of those first dozen flights. Now I used a streamlined checklist and common sense keeps me safe and flying. Overall I would say it is quite an impressive but if equipment

Sent from my SM-G935U using MavicPilots mobile app

The other night i flew it and the current temperature was -2 Fahrenheit but was probably a bit colder than that with wind chill. I had it inside before i took it out and flew it for about 15 min. and it handled just fine. The batter and body was of course pretty cold but no errors or warnings during the flight!
Ok, thanks. I have read from some thread that mavic is a bit sensitive for cold. I have flown other multis below -15C°, its not too comfortable any more at those temperatures tho . It would be nice if M would be operative down to -10C°, well, i belive i have a chance to test that within coupple of weeks [emoji106]

THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST POSITIVE THREADS OUT THERE
RIGHT NOW MY ONLY ISSUE IS FINANTIAL.
BUT SINCE THE POSITIVES WELL OUTWEIGH THE REPORTED PROBLEMS I'LL LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING MY BUDGET IN ORDER IN ORDER TO ORDER
THANKS GUYS AND GALS

I've had mine since early November. Flown inside, outside, in fog (not real rain), and all manner of places, including a road where I had to hand launch it. My only problems have been remembering to take off the gimbal clamp, remembering to focus, & remembering to put it in camera mode before attempting the gesture-activated selfie. I love it.

I have not had a single problem ... not one, not even a tiny one. Of course .... I have not received my Mavic yet either ......;)

Reactions: halley
THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST POSITIVE THREADS OUT THERE
RIGHT NOW MY ONLY ISSUE IS FINANTIAL.
BUT SINCE THE POSITIVES WELL OUTWEIGH THE REPORTED PROBLEMS I'LL LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING MY BUDGET IN ORDER IN ORDER TO ORDER
THANKS GUYS AND GALS

I've had mine since early November. Flown inside, outside, in fog (not real rain), and all manner of places, including a road where I had to hand launch it. My only problems have been remembering to take off the gimbal clamp, remembering to focus, & remembering to put it in camera mode before attempting the gesture-activated selfie. I love it.

Good Post Perry ..... You know, what we ALL really need is a "Mavic Pro - Pre-Flight Checklist" A printout that we could go through each time before that 1st flight of each day, and especially for those who value their investment. If you think about it ... Even an Airline Pilot goes through a Checklist !!

Reactions: lifeismusic
Got mine on Monday, had a very quick flight on Tuesday after faffing about updating firmware, no issues at all! Gets dark up here quite early on.

Didn't do compass calibration as it never asked and I was curious to see what, if any effect, it would have, basically, none! Also my garden not the best place to calibrate, set off today with three fully charged batteries and flew from a field, this time I did calibrate the compass, just because I felt that I should, as China a fair way from North East England!!

Flew all three batteries off, experimenting with all the new (to me) modes, everything operated perfectly, apart from my iPhone 6 which used its whole battery for the 60 mins flying, so thats a bit of a problem, I would have thought the phone would charge off the controller like the Phantom ones do, no matter though.

First impressions, pretty cool, fast in sport mode, absolutely no video drop outs or controller disconnects at over 1000M out in a wooded area, was flying my Phantom at the same time to get some air to air shots and it was getting video break ups at the same distance. Can't say I am a fan of the landing characteristics and its not a fan of the hand catch, I am sure we will sort something out :) All in all very impressed.

John

After about 10 flight, today 1 hour with three batteries, everything worked fine.
Only issue with DJI Go 4.0 Point of interest mode crashed the app everytime.

4 more flights today on the new firmware in quite windy conditions with no issues at all...

All 4 flights i flew back to a point as i wanted to hit RTH as i was testing the landing accuracy in the windy conditions and it landed on my home point flag every time witin inches each time this really is a very impressive drone.

With all the issues I'm reading on the forums. Lets hear from the ones with no issues and how many flights you have in. Thanks
I have about 40 flights in now with no issues. The handling and range are noticeably better than previous Phantom models. My only complaint is the quality of images from the camera. But the small form changes a lot!

Got mine in late November and had to send it back for blurry edges on the videos and images. It's already on it's way back but I'm starting to wonder if a lot of people have the same issue and are just not noticing it. I couldn't tell until someone pointed it out to me but now I've been able to point it out to other people who previously reported no issues. It might not be easy to spot but it's still an issue that should be repaired. I suggest going through your footage carefully and looking for blurred edges. Best of luck to all.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J