DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lets hear from everyone who hasn't has promblems with there Mavic

Vin829

Reactions
With all the issues I'm reading on the forums. Lets hear from the ones with no issues and how many flights you have in. Thanks

It's this way on every forum I've ever been on. Bad news travels FAST. If you read a forum before buying something, you'll probably never buy anything! Haha. It is good though, to know what challenges / problems others have experienced so you know what to look for.

I haven't had any trouble with mine.

Yup. 5 people having issues will make a LOT of noise across multiple threads and forums, while 500 others are just happily flying and have better things to do than go talk about how great it is.
That's how it always works.

And it goes the other way... question wording matters a LOT, so on a thread called "let's hear from everyone who hasn't had problems with their Mavic" you're pretty much guaranteed to have 100% happy people, the unhappy ones won't come and post there.

No issues whatsoever very pleased its an amazing machine and tried the DJIGO 4 app too no problems there. I just had 3 warnings though that i think are just glitches if someone knows what they are. One of them i saw a thread about but did not end up anywhere. 1 was the "gimbal overload"
message when there was no issue with the gimbal nor an obstruction, bird was on a flat surface motors off and then went away after leaving and re-entering the app and the 2nd i saw 2 times "mobile device GPS error" it comes for like 5 secs and disappears but had no issue when it appeared and the bird was stable.
"

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Completely new to drones, but have flown electric r/c helicopters (Align 450) in the past. The biggest hurdle for me is trusting in the technology as these things fly themselves, and do it beautifully. My only problem has been flying in active track mode by following a friend on the ground. All good until he walked towards the drone and it had been programmed not to fly backwards (fear of reversing into an unseen object). The Mavic lost the subject, which was fine, but I paused the action rather than cancelling active track. The Mavic acted strangely as I flew manually after this and I feared the worst, but soon realised it was trying to look for the subject and occasionally tried to lock on. Having read the horror stories I am a very cautious flyer, but was pleased to recognise the error, which was definitely pilot error, to explain the odd behaviour. I'm left wondering whether some of these reported issues are due to pilots pausing a tracking mode, not cancelling, and blaming the Mavic for loss of control.
I am extremely pleased with the Mavic and hope to get more adventurous as time in the air gives me more experience. Confidence is key, but over confidence and lack of knowledge is dangerous and costly.

Nice to hear the good "NEWS" page. I am still waiting to get mine. I would say to the ones that have their doubts buy one a let your self be the judge.

This is Very Encouraging news so far. I still do not have my Mavic but I'm relieved to be reading this thread so far.
On a side note, I just stopped in my local Best Buy to see what was currently on their display and happened to notice that the Mavic in which they Had on display a few weeks ago, is now gone and replaced with an image saying Coming Soon. So, I asked why was the display Mavic pulled? The surprising response that I received was " Yes, we took it out of display because DJI had an issue with the Mavic but, we Expect it back soon". I pointed and said, No, GoPro had issue with that Karma over there. The sales person actually tried to correct me to say I was wrong. It's the Mavic that has issues and that's why it was pulled. I just smiled and said, OK.
I then quickly asked if he had the Limited edition Black P4 in stock. He looked at me a bit surprised and informed me that they had 12 and none had sold as of today. I asked why it wasn't on display and he had no clue.
Little off subject... I'm just thrilled to hear all the good news so far on the Mavic.

Sent from my XT1650 using MavicPilots mobile app

30 flights, zero issues. Fantastic drone.

Hi Mark, could it have been removed from display because supply can't match demand? Or are the boys in China tooling up for the Mavic pro2 (?) with added sensors etc like the Phantom 4 pro has. Speculation of course, but I'm more than happy with the Mavic in it's current iteration.

Reactions: MarkH
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_