DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.LFR File

RAC DJI

Reactions
Hi, when filming with my Mavic 3 it creates a file on the memory card with the extension.LFR. Does anyone know what there for, and better yet is there a setting to get ride of them.

It's a low resolution version of the video file. You can rename it to mp4 and use it if you want, but it's mostly there for use with the mobile app to avoid having to stream and resize the full res file.

Thanks for the info. Is there a setting that will prevent the drone from creating the file in the first place?

Not directly that I know of, I don't have an M3 but I have other DJI devices that do it and there's never been a setting for it. I believe whether they're present or not depends on the recording format (if the mobile app can handle the files of a particular recording setting as is they don't get made, if not they do).

It's a low resolution version of the video file. You can rename it to mp4 and use it if you want, but it's mostly there for use with the mobile app to avoid having to stream and resize the full res file.
They are also great proxy files for Premiere Pro, after you rename the files extensions to .mp4 and link the full sized media to them as proxies. Renaming is far faster than creating proxies from scratch!

Reactions: Kilrah and Filmarik
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLoucks