DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Little Mini all Wrapped up... Mini Mavic Skin

Side comment... Phantom 4... most challenging to Skin!
If any one has a Phantom and noticed Wrap Guard has a Phantom kit; considering skinning?
I've skinned all the Wrap Guard kits available: MP, MA, M2P, MED, Spark & Tello... and several Decal Girl including the Inspire 1. The recently released Wrap Guard Phantom Skin Kit requires the utmost patience, it's tapered curves and belly curves require several re-lifts and gentle adjustments to get the skin in the exact position and applying careful upward movement to complete the application of the piece. I thought it might be a challenge due to Phantom's shape; it won't disappoint ya! Like all Wrap Guard, it lifts & reapplies like a dream and the pieces are very accurate.

If new to skins, particularly Wrap Guard, I wouldn't have the Phantom be the first project.
If I was to apply a scale of difficulty 1-10 and the Phantom was a 8. MP, M2P, M2ED Wrap Guard would be a 5, MA 6, Mini 6, Spark 4, Decal Girl 4. MA & Mini, smaller pieces to align with my big hands... more time. The nice thing about Decal Girl is that most pieces are not highly dependent on precise alignment to insure great look since it's not a full wrap that needs complete alignment for uniformity. The Phantom isn't done, so far looks great! I'll attach a shot if interested.

Reactions: Wrapgrade
First post, first proper drone.
Cant believe how good this thing is.
Love putting skins on my phone ipad etc so this was a no brainier.
54BF0BDE-1034-436B-9AB8-0B1999C019B4.jpeg

thanks everyone.

I ended up buying from decalgirl with 30% discount on signing up. it all came out to about $25usd shipped.

Got my order today, it only took about a week delivered to Ontario, Canada. Will post a picture when I put on the decals.

Not sure I'd have the patience!!!

The Neon Orange looks great and reckon would help see the drone... but when I saw the Dystopian it just made me think of the Millenium Falcon so if I ever do venture, think it would have to be that one... Well, that or buy another mini and do that in Orange!!!

Reactions: Dougcjohn
Not sure I'd have the patience!!!

The Neon Orange looks great and reckon would help see the drone... but when I saw the Dystopian it just made me think of the Millenium Falcon so if I ever do venture, think it would have to be that one... Well, that or buy another mini and do that in Orange!!!
It’s all fun!
I like the rational for a 2nd... wonder if my Wife would go for it. Although, I‘d wait til next week on new DJI announcement... may be a new Mavic Air2, it’d look good in orange too.

Side comment... Phantom 4... most challenging to Skin!
If any one has a Phantom and noticed Wrap Guard has a Phantom kit; considering skinning?
I've skinned all the Wrap Guard kits available: MP, MA, M2P, MED, Spark & Tello... and several Decal Girl including the Inspire 1. The recently released Wrap Guard Phantom Skin Kit requires the utmost patience, it's tapered curves and belly curves require several re-lifts and gentle adjustments to get the skin in the exact position and applying careful upward movement to complete the application of the piece. I thought it might be a challenge due to Phantom's shape; it won't disappoint ya! Like all Wrap Guard, it lifts & reapplies like a dream and the pieces are very accurate.

If new to skins, particularly Wrap Guard, I wouldn't have the Phantom be the first project.
If I was to apply a scale of difficulty 1-10 and the Phantom was a 8. MP, M2P, M2ED Wrap Guard would be a 5, MA 6, Mini 6, Spark 4, Decal Girl 4. MA & Mini, smaller pieces to align with my big hands... more time. The nice thing about Decal Girl is that most pieces are not highly dependent on precise alignment to insure great look since it's not a full wrap that needs complete alignment for uniformity. The Phantom isn't done, so far looks great! I'll attach a shot if interested.
As mentioned previously... if Interested to see result.
It's Not a Mavic... but on the subject of WrapGrade Skins detail & fit.
phantom-4-skin-neon-orange-not-autel-wrapgrade-excellent-detail-fit.148491

Last edited:
Many on Mavic Forum may have zero Interest... but WrapGrade recently added the Inspire 2. Very Cool... I'll be having 2 Inspire 2's in Neon Orange soon too!

I ordered 2 full sets (not batteries skins, too many to cover) and their quality and fit appear top notch as their other skins!

They broke the I2 up into 3 seperate packages to obtain full coverage... making it a pricey project!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots