DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Little Mini all Wrapped up... Mini Mavic Skin

Hi,

I'd guess that you won't see the (very nice!) blue one when flying against a blue sky.
That's why I'm considering orange or 'Japan red'

What's your experience?
I personally favor the neon orange, on several crafts. The 2nd is the neon green... but that's just my preference.

Although to be seen in sky, it's more contrast than color. A black or Dk Grey is very visible in sky too. The "color" at a distance isn't as detectable as the contrast to background. A white Phantom is quite visible too due to contrast.

That said, a Dk Blue or a Blue that contrasts the sky would be visible... especially if light grey sky. If you fly with Tree line background, a darker color tends to blend.

The OEM color of the Mini in my opinion is very poor and blends with sky very quickly... add that to the small silhouette of craft, it disappears quickly.

Pick a color you enjoy, it serves more for close up and static enjoyment than it does for distance... any contrast will improve the visual for the Mini.

Reactions: Ralle
DJI Mavic Mini Skins, Decals, Stickers & Wraps What kind of quality are these? Are they easy to remove
I beleive iStyles is same as DecalGirl.
These are thicker and in non-overlap sections.

They'll come off relatively easy... but to insure a clean peel... I tend to give it a little heat from a heat gun or hair dryer... not enough to gum the adhesive, just warm it.

The WrapGrade comes off clean, without an adhesive problem too.

Any paper based would be a problem, but these are all vinyl or thin poly.

Reactions: Thomas B and Ralle
Hi,

I'd guess that you won't see the (very nice!) blue one when flying against a blue sky.
That's why I'm considering orange or 'Japan red'

What's your experience?
After 150-200’ distance they all appear dark grayish when flying regardless of wrap color. Contrasting color may make a downed drone easier to find.

After 150-200’ distance they all appear dark grayish when flying regardless of wrap color. Contrasting color may make a downed drone easier to find.
Especially true on small craft... but I found the light grey of Mini to basically vanish in the grey sky where others retain a contrast. The wrap helps to track the Mini for me much better.

The larger I2 or Matrice 210 or 600... they're color & contrast remains much further out as well as ease of visibility due to size.

Yep, color is mainly for your enjoyment.

One other benefit I've found for the WrapGrade for the Mini is the skin retains the body panels nicely if mild crashes or impacts. I noticed prior to wrap, it didn't take much to nudge a panel out of alignment, with warp it stays to together better. But then again, the Mini to me is a toss-it-around fun craft.. I'm not precision flying, I'm just playing and tend to get a tree limb now & then.

Especially true on small craft... but I found the light grey of Mini to basically vanish in the grey sky where others retain a contrast. The wrap helps to track the Mini for me much better.

The larger I2 or Matrice 210 or 600... they're color & contrast remains much further out as well as ease of visibility due to size.

Yep, color is mainly for your enjoyment.
Agree. I find lighting is the best visibility tool for me. Have 4 of the Firehouse ARC XL strobes on my M2P in mounts from our own @Aerial-Pixel

Reactions: WooZie
Any video's illustrating the in air visual sight? Can you really see it from a distance?

Agree. I find lighting is the best visibility tool for me. Have 4 of the Firehouse ARC XL strobes on my M2P in mounts from our own @Aerial-Pixel
Agreed, they improve visbilty greatly, especially tree line or over Ag crops. I used Cree lights from 1 to 3 LEDs over the years. And @Aerial-Pixel has supplied all mounts for all platforms... great 3D prints!

I normally run White & Red, the Blues & Green aren't as noticeable to me.

Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
But they are bright regardless of color choice... white is always the most visible. Check out the ground below my M2P in these vids, even in daylight. Unretouched...

Reactions: WooZie
Has anyone ordered from WrapGrade delivered to Ontario, Canada. What was the total cost with shipping and duties(if any).
Thank you.

The little Mini with a new skin... I went with Neon Orage to help it stand out.

Extremely good fit & finish... It doesn't completely cover the grey body; for a skin pretty good!

I've used Wrap Grade for all my Mavics: MP, MA, M2, M2ED and the Mini.
All the skins have been a super quality product. Easy to apply, remains on but not difficult to remove.

The whole key is patience, go slow and follow the sequence... it's a small jigsaw puzzle to wrap clean and smooth seams.

Wrap Grade... For Mavic Mini

View attachment 89347View attachment 89348View attachment 89349
Looks great just ordered partial wrap in super red plus remote control wrap in same fingers crossed I can make as great a job as you did .lol

Reactions: Dougcjohn
Here is my AC with Wrap Grade and some of my own work. The little red squares are reflective stickers in case I lose it. I put some on the belly as well. The belly also has the wrap grade on it. Stands out much better in the sky now. IMG_7517.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S