DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Little Mini all Wrapped up... Mini Mavic Skin

Anyone weigh their Mini after wrapping it to see how much it’s changed? Curious if these put you over 249g.

No need to guess, with a full wrap or close you definitely will add more than a gram to the total weight.
Now that's a good excuse to buy another Mini... I meant to do a Pre-Post weigh and forgot. A 2nd one naked would be a good comparison... then skin it later. Wonder if my Wife would buy that justification. ;)

Now that's a good excuse to buy another Mini... I meant to do a Pre-Post weigh and forgot. A 2nd one naked would be a good comparison... then skin it later. Wonder if my Wife would buy that justification. ;)
Maybe the 199gm Japanese version?

whether the skin he applied is the same weight/quality i don't know.
Actually that's a nice looking kit... good fitting sections.
It looks more similar to DecalGirl sectional pieces than WrapGrade wrap around.
It also looks thicker than the WrapGrade... it's extremely thin.

Question... he shows 250g, then did I understand him saying "Removed the Battery" and now 249g ?
That's odd.. the battery is more than 1g.

Yeah, I assume he trimmed something off the battery. I'll just label up my drone with an operator Id, sounds like a better idea than trimming bits.

Yeah, I assume he trimmed something off the battery. I'll just label up my drone with an operator Id, sounds like a better idea than trimming bits.
ya... I'm not trimming batteries... add it to the inventory with ID.

They provided their logo decal... and on the sheet there were some test or scrap pieces... those I used on gimbal cover: round and strip.

Yep, gets my attention, and gives it a little face... nose & mouth. All for fun & visual.

Reactions: MavicMan17
They provided their logo decal... and on the sheet there were some test or scrap pieces... those I used on gimbal cover: round and strip.

Yep, gets my attention, and gives it a little face... nose & mouth. All for fun & visual.
I Noticed that it looked like a face, looks great, I would like to Wrap my MM in a high-vis Orange.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
I Noticed that it looked like a face, looks great, I would like to Wrap my MM in a high-vis Orange.
If you've never used Wrap Grade, you'll be amazed how well cut all the overlap pieces fit and their diagram in numbers. A bit time consuming but end result is super and so thin. Easy to lift back up to reposition and slightly stretch if needed.

Good Luck and have a great time, I actually find it fun... like a 3D jigsaw puzzle.

Reactions: MavicMan17
Have used several brands favor Wrapgrade even with increased cost due to thickness primarily. Yellows and oranges are great for aiding in finding a downed/lost drone. However since I can’t see the color beyond 150-200’ when flying. I went with Celeste Blue and Coloration X on my drones.

Hi,

I'd guess that you won't see the (very nice!) blue one when flying against a blue sky.
That's why I'm considering orange or 'Japan red'

What's your experience?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest