DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Bright Camo Skin - WrapGrade

Dougcjohn

Reactions
After Replacing the Ft Arms... other post.
Had to remove the Neon Orange skin for repairs.

After learning WrapGrade will do custom Colors or patterns with the skin I had made in Neon Green Camo for the DJI FTP craft... I had them mix the Neon Orange with a few others in a Camo pattern for the little Air2S. For those not used WrapGrade, you can get via Amazon, but I order direct from Japan. They always send FedEx and consistently arrived in 2-3 days... amazing ship speed.

The WrapGrade has very nice fitting skins, but I've found the Air 2S Nose to be a pain in concealing all the seams nicely. The Air2, and all others have not had this challenge, all very nice including the P4P (challenging wrap).

So a little Camo splash also helps with the seams blending.
Just a fun skin... that helps me with visibility at times. Mainly just a static look enjoyed.

Thread 'Air 2S Ft Arm Replacement - DIY & few notes' Air 2S Ft Arm Replacement - DIY & few notes

20220130_112035.jpg20220130_112114.jpgScreenshot_20220130-112843_Gallery.jpg

Should stand out well for VLOS, also might scare the heck out of birds !
The gimbal cover graphic is an interesting touch, just for a bit of fun pre / post flight storage.
Gimbal Moith: I had them make a WWII nose set... they made Red Eye and Black Eye in 2 sizes. That was back when we setup a FTP camo set... the gimbal mouth looks better on FPV.

They now offer that as a optional Gimbal Cover set on their Web site.

Reactions: Torque
Should stand out well for VLOS, also might scare the heck out of birds !
The gimbal cover graphic is an interesting touch, just for a bit of fun pre / post flight storage.

I am still trying to figure out the best way to connect my "Remove Before Flight" streamer to the cover....

After Replacing the Ft Arms... other post.
Had to remove the Neon Orange skin for repairs.

After learning WrapGrade will do custom Colors or patterns with the skin I had made in Neon Green Camo for the DJI FTP craft... I had them mix the Neon Orange with a few others in a Camo pattern for the little Air2S. For those not used WrapGrade, you can get via Amazon, but I order direct from Japan. They always send FedEx and consistently arrived in 2-3 days... amazing ship speed.

The WrapGrade has very nice fitting skins, but I've found the Air 2S Nose to be a pain in concealing all the seams nicely. The Air2, and all others have not had this challenge, all very nice including the P4P (challenging wrap).

So a little Camo splash also helps with the seams blending.
Just a fun skin... that helps me with visibility at times. Mainly just a static look enjoyed.

Thread 'Air 2S Ft Arm Replacement - DIY & few notes' Air 2S Ft Arm Replacement - DIY & few notes

View attachment 142970View attachment 142969View attachment 142972

Just looked up WrapGrade. I sure like how those fit on the Air 2S more than ones I have purchased at DecalGirl. DG has great wraps but these look really tight on the seams.

Nice

Just looked up WrapGrade. I sure like how those fit on the Air 2S more than ones I have purchased at DecalGirl. DG has great wraps but these look really tight on the seams.

Nice
I've used both... none come close to WrapGrade.
Very thin and they all fit perfectly to completely wrap or meet each piece. I've done all Mavic series, P4P and Inspire 2. I pushed them on I2 for years... released an I2 kit last year.

Just purchased the Mavic 3 kit... haven't wrapped it yet.

The Air 2 was perfect, the Air 2S was just a bit different in nose 4 pieces... took a bit to get a clean fit. The camo can be more relaxed and still looks better to my eye... All Neon Orange just highlights the seams.

They are cheap, but many will say they're well worth it.

I am still trying to figure out the best way to connect my "Remove Before Flight" streamer to the cover....
That's kinda why I got them to make the WWII mouth... catches my eye.
A Gimble streamer would be nice... can you drill a small hole and use a small loop ring?

You have a cover that clamps as well ?
Or a cover and clamp separate ?

Googled it, seems the gimbal cover / clamp are combined for the Air 2s ?

I urethaned (small spot) a fluro ribbon tape to mine (the clamp on the M1P, would work same if spotted on a gimbal cover.
If you wanted a bit more assurity for staying stuck, drill a very small hole where you stick it, and allow the urethane to go through that and 'key' to lock it on.
Or, maybe do the small ring idea of Dougs above.

For the typical embroidered 'Remove before flight' tag, you probably need the ring (or a nylon loop) to affix.

My ribbon on the M1P clamp back . . .

mavic_clamp_tape_lr.jpg

The gimbal cover then goes on clipping the ribbon where that locks in at the back.
Can't miss it.

Reactions: F00Man
You have a cover that clamps as well ?
Or a cover and clamp separate ?

Googled it, seems the gimbal cover / clamp are combined for the Air 2s ?

I urethaned (small spot) a fluro ribbon tape to mine (the clamp on the M1P, would work same if spotted on a gimbal cover.
If you wanted a bit more assurity for staying stuck, drill a very small hole where you stick it, and allow the urethane to go through that and 'key' to lock it on.
Or, maybe do the small ring idea of Dougs above.

For the typical embroidered 'Remove before flight' tag, you probably need the ring (or a nylon loop) to affix.

My ribbon on the M1P clamp back . . .

View attachment 142993

The gimbal cover then goes on clipping the ribbon where that locks in at the back.
Can't miss it.
Thank you for the help!

JVA

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I just drilled a small hole through my gimbal lock cover (the one with two tabs that lock gimbal in place) used small screw and nut to fasten. Works perfect!

Call me stupid....why would a hi-vis wrap be called 'camo'?
I have sooo much to learn...
It's kind of funny, but apparently camo in blaze colors actually does work for game animals. Deer see mostly in shades of grey, so even a brightly-colored camo pattern is seen by them as a mottled pattern that breaks up the outline of the object.

It's kind of funny, but apparently camo in blaze colors actually does work for game animals. Deer see mostly in shades of grey, so even a brightly-colored camo pattern is seen by them as a mottled pattern that breaks up the outline of the object.
You're right...the Orange is for Human's to spot each other and appears grey to Deer. I wasn't thinking hunting camo... good point!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31