DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Daemonforce

Reactions
hi everyone i am looking at getting a dji mavic 2 pro next year, but am worried about places i can fly
i would like to video the beach and piers, old harry rock, sandbanks, hengistbury head i know the drones are limited to 400ft which i would never dream of flying that high maybe 120-250 at most i also am aware of 50m distances from people and buildings and the 5 kilometre zone around airports

it would be my first drone even though i have flown a friends dji phantom 3 advanced and confident in flying it

i am just worried that i spend nearly 1500 pound and will not be able to fly it anywhere

any help would be very much appreciated thank you

Hello Daemonforce I'd try like airmap it's a good app and would show you were you can fly and were you can't fly and it's easy to follow....Hope that helps

Hi from Lymington in Hampshire (next door county for you USA dudes). I have looked at flying over some of the places you mention and it's no so easy with local regulations and critical onlookers. I tend to go out of my way to avoid crowds. PM me if you want some details. Also consider FB group boats and drones

I was down this way at the weekend (but too windy to fly unfortunately).

My tip: get out early when nobody is around and “critical onlookers” are avoided (and the light tends to be more interesting for photography).

I note you say you wouldn’t dream of flying at 400 feet: but actually, as long as safe and lawful, getting up high makes your drone less noticeable to those onlookers.

Just some thoughts!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada