DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long island

I don't know about Eisenhower park but Fire Island, east of Robert Moses is Big No No. It is National Park and as far as I know those are closed for us... :mad:
NPS personel is authorized to confiscate our gear if we are caught on park ground, at scene... They are also known to use social media to track those who break this ban...

When you say "East of Robert Moses", where exactly is the line?

Is it anything past Field 5 or does it start at the end of the road leading to the communities like Kismet and Saltaire?

I'm actually driving back home to the Island tomorrow (currently in Orlando) and the lighthouse was on the top of my list for footage :oops:

I am not up to latest regulations but... Yes, east of Field 5 is National Seashore govern by National Parks. But Kismet and Saltaire... I don't know. Safest way is talk on site to reasonable ranger and find out.

I am not up to latest regulations but... Yes, east of Field 5 is National Seashore govern by National Parks. But Kismet and Saltaire... I don't know. Safest way is talk on site to reasonable ranger and find out.

I tried flying on the Western tip of Fire Island (Demo Point) in perhaps the most secluded spot and not even 2 minutes after take off, the Police show up and give me a warning.:confused:

It's insane cause in all the years I've been going out there, I've never once seen Police actually patrol the beach out on that end (they're usually out at Field 5 with all the wrinkly nude folks)

Reactions: dronerat
Stupid question but does anyone on Long Island have a spare gimbal ribbon cable and mounting plate they want to sell, I destroyed my yesterday and need to replace it for a job

I just got my mavic couple of days ago, I feel nervous when I fly it, shouldn’t have to feel like that, not doing anything wrong but trying to have a good time! It’s a shame.

I just got my mavic couple of days ago, I feel nervous when I fly it, shouldn’t have to feel like that, not doing anything wrong but trying to have a good time! It’s a shame.

don't feel that way. go in a open space, a field or a beach far away from people and just practice man!
i got mine 4 days ago! haha 1st time drone pilot and love it!

Long Island here, Glen Cove North Shore Nassau County

lot's of good spots to fly around here!

I am a new Mavic owner in Brooklyn. Would love to fly with more than just myself. Anyone planning any meetups?

Awesome shots, what are u using for editing ? Pc/ Mac , & software , thks.

caaf7e8f5f1a0d7747d93bb85b250221.jpg
96d614b0d71e988563c873ac1dfe42d9.jpg

I am a new Mavic owner in Brooklyn. Would love to fly with more than just myself. Anyone planning any meetups?

Hey how’s it going I’m matt live in Suffolk Long Island. I usually fly over at flushing meadow corona park. Do you have any good spot around you?

Hey how’s it going I’m matt live in Suffolk Long Island. I usually fly over at flushing meadow corona park. Do you have any good spot around you?

Marine Park has one, but it's some RC club owned. Brooklyn is tough. No drones allowed other than 2-3 spots and these spots are "owned" by a club. So nowhere to fly legally. I did fly in a park on Shore Parkway, and park employees didn't care at all.

Marine Park has one, but it's some RC club owned. Brooklyn is tough. No drones allowed other than 2-3 spots and these spots are "owned" by a club. So nowhere to fly legally. I did fly in a park on Shore Parkway, and park employees didn't care at all.

In flushing meadow park there is a air Field you could fly at. There is a huge cemeteries one way and the words fair like in the picture the other way. I’ve been there a few times on the weekends and I’ve never had a Problem also there was always 2 other people flying

d096e5f0bc315ff560bc382e7ac3e74b.jpg

Hi all. I'm on the eastern end of Suffolk. Done Montauk, Fire Island and other beaches, parks, marinas, etc. Love it, but finding a spot where you won't be bothered is the challenge. Now that it's no longer summer it should be easier. Just came back from Kingston, Jamaica where I got a few good shots in.
63c551069aa4c633552de85f5c257041.jpg
b10019eaa83b899626f11bd59f788214.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom