DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for some advice

WinterHaven

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I have a few question before I purchase the Mavic 2 pro. I currently own a Mavic 2 Enterprise Zoom, but Im now looking for a drone that I Can do some fun stuff like live stream, Active Track, Point of Interest and others.
I guess my question is, will those drone will be allow to fly one this new “FAA” regulation comes in effect? (“Remote ID”)

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks you

Reactions: Hauptmann
Can't answer your question with certainty, but here's some thoughts:

On one of my aircraft, I'm installing the Tailbeacon (ADS-B out). Cost was $2000 as it's for certified aircraft and everything that needs FAA approval for manned aircraft is automatically ridiculous. It's light weight, 70 grams and a similar device for drones would cost a whole lot less, could be self powered and simply attached to the drone - one device you could move to whichever drone you are flying.

UAVIONIX TAILBEACON TSO NAV LIGHT ADS-B OUT FOR CERTIFIED AIRCRAFT | Aircraft Spruce

The new rule is not a done deal. There will be a lot of pressure exerted to not ground existing drones.

On one of my aircraft, I'm installing the Tailbeacon (ADS-B out). Cost was $2000 as it's for certified aircraft and everything that needs FAA approval for manned aircraft is automatically ridiculous. It's light weight, 70 grams and a similar device for drones would cost a whole lot less, could be self powered and simply attached to the drone - one device you could move to whichever drone you are flying.

UAVIONIX TAILBEACON TSO NAV LIGHT ADS-B OUT FOR CERTIFIED AIRCRAFT | Aircraft Spruce

The new rule is not a done deal. There will be a lot of pressure exerted to not ground existing drones.

I hadn't even thought of an aftermarket ADS-B for RC aircraft. If the new rule is enacted, there should be a huge market for them. With need for only ADS-B in, and no need for a TSO, it should be fairly inexpensive--cheaper than a new drone, anyway.

Reactions: WinterHaven

Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas