DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking to buy a decent Tablet for my Mavic Pro

="Montypaks, post: 436034, member: 32589"]Yep... Who cares... As long as its Fast... And cheap!
Any examples?

Kindle fire, RCA, nook tablets are pretty cheap.
Not so GOOD for use with a Mavic, but really good at ebooks and web browsing. All are way faster than the crystal sky that only boasts a bright display at the expense of almost every other tablet function there is.

The Chinese Meigoo S8 (banggood) is cheap, around 135$. It has a 6.1 inch infinity screen, it's fast enough with 8cores and 4/64G memory, very bright screen and just big enough for me. And has a good wifi and cell reception, GPS/Glonass. And, very important for app compatibility, a vanilla version of Android 7.0, meaning that there are no hidden brand specific processes and routines working in the background. Go4 runs very well on it, the 64G supplies plenty of room for a big cache.

Reactions: sOs and Montypaks
I have been using the Shield K1 by NVIDIA... Love it and no problems! Bought it used from eBay for 135.00

I just got an iPad mini 4, and in addition to working good with my MP it’s a pretty decent tablet.

I got it last weekend for $99 from Walmart. All the Walmarts around here appear to be selling off their demo units of the iPad mini 4. It’s worth checking your local Walmart.

That said, based on all the talk about how well it works with the MP, I was a little disappointed that it wasn’t as bright out in the sun as I had expected. I figured maybe since mine was a demo the screen had gotten dimmer. So I bought a brand new one from target and lo and behold it had the exact same brightness (returned it and kept the demo).

That’s the area where the Crystal sky shines: it seems to be the only tablet that is truly visible in bright sun. Alas I can’t justify that price for it (at least not yet). I do have the dji goggles, which I would say are even better in the sun, albeit with loss of LOS, but they don’t really take the place of a tablet.

Mike
$99 for an ipad? I paid $200 for the cellular version that was in rough condition. You got an absolute steal.

$99 for an ipad? I paid $200 for the cellular version that was in rough condition. You got an absolute steal.
Thanks. It wasn't easy! The walmarts near me showed it as in stock but "limited quantity." I didn't want to call so I went right in. The first walmart had it, still on display, but the lady refused to sell it as she needed a manager who wouldn't be in for another four hours. The next walmart, which only opened around 6 months ago, had a much more receptive guy working in electronics. He agreed that they were supposed to sell it, but needed a manager. Yet another manager was called over and he finally gave the okay. I should have kept going but didn't want to get greedy. I immediately posted a thread here about the deal, while it was still active, but no one replied.

Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown