DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connection and crashed

I took a brief look at the logs aaand I believe that aircraft had it coming anyway... multiple IMU convergence errors, battery errors, sensor errors. What the hell am I looking at? Is this even a real log?

Okay, this one highlight out of all that mess is hilarious:

Those logs, I don't even.
No, it's not a real log. Take a look at post #80.
Lost connection and crashed

@Waliaf I took a look at some of the .DATs you submitted. FLY092 through FLY095 all show that the battery isn't latched as soon as the data starts being recorded. Here is FLY092.

The incident .DAT (FLY089) and before don't show this. I think this means the crash introduced the situation where the battery doesn't latch properly.

@Waliaf I took a look at some of the .DATs you submitted. FLY092 through FLY095 all show that the battery isn't latched as soon as the data starts being recorded. Here is FLY092.
View attachment 75599

The incident .DAT (FLY089) and before don't show this. I think this means the crash introduced the situation where the battery doesn't latch properly.
The aircraft knows when the battery isn’t latched? Why doesn’t Go4 let you know of this?

I am really getting tired of seeing these type of posts with lost connection on a Mavic 2 pro. I’ve had mine two weeks when the controller quit working. Would not allow the aircraft to go up. ended up having to send the controller back to DJI. Their shipping label that I used took five days to get the drone to them, another week for them to acknowledge they received it, three more days to check it out and repair it, and it’s going to take another five days to get it back. So I will have owned it for five weeks when I get it back and I’ve only been able to use it for the first two. Now I’m worried that even using it after the repair that I’m going to lose control and crash/lose it because of a disconnection/lost signal like everyone else. I may have to look into returning this and buying a different product. NOT HAPPY!
hahahahaha,I have been flying dji for years & the only crash I've had was definitely user-error & 5 drones later,I have never had a disconnect .I'm in a lot of groups with drones & they all say DJI connection is rock solid

The aircraft knows when the battery isn’t latched? Why doesn’t Go4 let you know of this?

NFZ spam and update nags are more important. [/SARCASM]

No, it's not a real log. Take a look at post #80.

So you're telling me those aren't real logs?

Attachments

• 19-06-09-09-35-27_FLY088.log.txt
    91.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 19-06-09-10-15-19_FLY089.log.txt
    22.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 19-06-09-10-21-49_FLY083.log.txt
    42.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 19-06-09-10-35-20_FLY085.log.txt
    30.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 19-06-09-10-50-47_FLY086.log.txt
    28 KB · Views: 0
  • 19-05-14-08-39-42_FLY002.log.txt
    14.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 19-05-15-07-37-35_FLY026.log.txt
    19.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 19-05-18-08-52-07_FLY038.log.txt
    19.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 19-05-20-08-05-52_FLY055.log.txt
    59.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, thanks for the personal attack. I guess I'm done trying to help people.

Are you sure that the Go4 App doesn't report the battery not latched? I don't actually know.

Just to be clear. The battery not latched properly indication occurred in the .DATs after the incident.

Are you sure that the Go4 App doesn't report the battery not latched? I don't actually know.

Just to be clear. The battery not latched properly indication occurred in the .DATs after the incident.

I’ve never seen it come up as a warning. I did land one time and noticed one side wasn’t latched due to the front of the battery frame being a little bent. I’ve since fixed this.

I’m not sure how the aircraft knows it isn’t latched. There’s no sensors in the latches. Less voltage maybe?

I’ve never seen it come up as a warning. I did land one time and noticed one side wasn’t latched due to the front of the battery frame being a little bent. I’ve since fixed this.

I’m not sure how the aircraft knows it isn’t latched. There’s no sensors in the latches. Less voltage maybe?

I don't think it knows anything about the state of the latches, but it does detect communication errors with the smart battery system that might occur if the contacts are not fully seated.

Reactions: Mav1c
I don't think it knows anything about the state of the latches, but it does detect communication errors with the smart battery system that might occur if the contacts are not fully seated.
Right on, that does make sense. You’d think if the system knows that something isn’t right that it could display something like, “Voltage inconsistency: land ASAP and check battery”. I’m spit balling here.

Unless it already does something like that and I haven’t noticed it

NFZ spam and update nags are more important. [/SARCASM]

So you're telling me those aren't real logs?
Perhaps I mistakenly jumped to the conclusion that you were referring to the contents of the FLYxxx.log.txt file and not the .DAT. Several of your posts in this thread referred to the problematic content of the FLYxxx.log.txt file. E.g., in one post (#49) you presented entries from several different FLYxxx.log.txt files - the purpose being to illustrate how ridiculous those entries were. Anyway, as @sar104 explained DatCon simply passes the contents of the eventLog stream to the FLYxxx.log.txt file.

Perhaps you didn't realize that the real action is the .csv that DatCon creates. To be fair, it takes a careful reading of the User Manual to understand the role of the eventLog. You can get to the User Manual by selecting it from the Help pull down.

Reactions: sar104
It still requires some level of intelligent interpretation.
Oh wow, thanks for the personal attack. I guess I'm done trying to help people.
So, runeOfRune has requested to be deleted from the forum. This is why it is important to treat everyone with respect.

Losing connection DOES NOT cause the drone to crash.
Page 17 of your manual explains what does happen if the connection is lost:
Failsafe RTH automatically activates after the remote control signal is lost for more than two seconds.

You are reading reports from confused people.
The loss of connection they report is what shows on their phone/tablet after the problem that's caused their drone to suffer a total loss of power.
That could be a loose battery or a serious hardware or programming issue, but it is nothing to do with losing connection.

As long as the RTH point was set properly before flying away.

As long as the RTH point was set properly before flying away.
You have to be very fast and impatient to launch before your drone records a home point.
But if you did, it's still going to record a homepoint as soon as it gets a good GPS position fix.
That will be soon after you launch and that's going to be quite close to the launch spot.

I asked DJI for care refresh but they told me that they will send me a refurbished one , anybody knows if the quality should be okay?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB