DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic in woods

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

I lost my mavic!!! In airdata the flight log location is not where it’s found. Here is the data if anyone else can find out where it might be!
Thanks!
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
Howdy from Wyoming Rciv, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Did you try the "find my drone" feature in the app?

Howdy from Wyoming Rciv, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Did you try the "find my drone" feature in the app?
Hi bunny too, thank you!

Yes unfortunately that feature didn’t work for me. It lost connection for quite some time trying to return to home, then crashing in the woods

The file you uploaded doesn't seem to contain any data. Please attach it here.

No problem. We can take a look at your log when you return.

Reactions: BigAl07
The last recorded location was 31.9956060557236, -90.4790191939369, heading NW, 1150 ft from the recorded homepoint, which was to the SW, with 25% battery remaining. It was in P-GPS mode, so on losing connection it should have attempted to RTH but was probably close to autoland battery level. I would search along a line between the homepoint and the last recorded point.

The last recorded location was 31.9956060557236, -90.4790191939369, heading NW, 1150 ft from the recorded homepoint, which was to the SW, with 25% battery remaining. It was in P-GPS mode, so on losing connection it should have attempted to RTH but was probably close to autoland battery level. I would search along a line between the homepoint and the last recorded point.

The last thing it said was landing, as it had reached 10% battery level. The connection had been lost for about 3 minutes at that point. we have checked the location above and have not found it yet!

The last thing it said was landing, as it had reached 10% battery level. The connection had been lost for about 3 minutes at that point. we have checked the location above and have not found it yet!

There is no record in the log file of anything less than 24% battery.

The last thing it said was landing, as it had reached 10% battery level. The connection had been lost for quite some time.
There is no record in the log file of anything less than 24% battery.

Unfortunately, my phone died shortly beforehand, so the remote told me the Mavic had 11% battery, then landing notification. Not sure how to retrieve the data from the RC remote as the DJI Assistant 2 app hasn't been helpful. Unless it had returned to home and landed in the wrong area i'm not sure why else it would have said landing at that point.

The last thing it said was landing, as it had reached 10% battery level. The connection had been lost for quite some time.

Unfortunately, my phone died shortly beforehand, so the remote told me the Mavic had 11% battery, then landing notification. Not sure how to retrieve the data from the RC remote as the DJI Assistant 2 app hasn't been helpful. Unless it had returned to home and landed in the wrong area i'm not sure why else it would have said landing at that point.

I don't think the RC has any logging capabilities. Unfortunately it looks pretty well forested between the last recorded position and the home point. That's where it should be though - somewhere along or near that line.

I don't think the RC has any logging capabilities. Unfortunately it looks pretty well forested between the last recorded position and the home point. That's where it should be though - somewhere along or near that line.

Thanks for the info! Didn't think about it being between the last known location and the home point! So if it loses connection to your phone does it generally return to home automatically?

if it loses connection to your phone does it generally return to home automatically?
No. RTH is only initiated when the remote controller connection is lost.

No. RTH is only initiated when the remote controller connection is lost.

Good point. That makes it a much harder problem.

Or possibly an easier one if there were no further stick inputs - then it doesn't change the answer but is more likely to be very close to the last reported position.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu