DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost mavic pro help pls

still did not find my drone... :S the problem is I cant access to the first pin building roof because nobody has t key to open the mai roof door...
If someone find it than charg up my drone does it send a gps signal after?

...If someone find it than charg up my drone does it send a gps signal after?
If it is charged and turned on it will try to connect to your RC and you will only connect if it is in range. The odds of someone having the correct charger, knowing to push, push and hold to turn it on, and it being in range of your RC while you are monitoring it seem fairly remote to me.

still did not find my drone... :S the problem is I cant access to the first pin building roof because nobody has t key to open the mai roof door...

The most likely explanation is that it landed in the street or car park and was picked up.

The most likely explanation is that it landed in the street or car park and was picked up.
possible...I hope its on the shoping center roof.They will call me soon so I hope they will find it.
than if not I will give up 4 hours later

Last edited:
possible...I hope its on the shoping center shop roof.They will call me soon so I hope they will find it.

Sorry you lost your drone. On this forum we have seen many people who lost drones because they did not know enough about how/when/where to fly/not fly them. From your posts it would appear that you did not read or at least fully understand the manual which is the most basic way to gain knowledge before you throw an £800 drone into the air. This forum has tons of similar posts. And reading the forum every day is in my opinion the best way to learn so that you will not make mistakes as you did and lose your drone.

Want to repeat a couple of things that have already been said just for emphasis.
1. You did not lose connection with your drone until it got pretty far away. Probably what did happen is that the connection to your phone or tablet got lost and so you were not getting a video feed. BUT the controller still had connection and you still had control. This happens sometimes as you would see from reading this forum it is disturbing but not fatal
2. You keep complaining about range. As someone pointed out that is the range under ideal conditions with nothing to obstruct or interfere with the signals between the drone and the controller. If you fly so that a building gets in between you and the drone the signal will be lost. Even trees between the controller and the drone can interfere with the signal. That’s one advantage to following the rules about keeping visual contact VLOS visual line of sight with the drone. If you can plainly see it nothing is interfering with the signal. Again if you had been reading this forum you would know that.
3. Because of how you flew it YOU created a dangerous situation by allowing the drone to be flying over people and cars without you having control over it.

I am obsessive about learning everything I can BEFORE I fly an expensive aircraft do I don’t endanger myself or others or my aircraft.

If you knew other USAS pilots in your area they could do a controlled fly over and point thier cameras down to determine if it is on one of the rooftops.

A question that has not been asked.
Did you clearly label your craft with FAA registration number and phone number as outlined on many forum posts? I also personally created a post that details how one adds thier contact and FAA Reg Numbers to thier SD Card which can be found here.
Pro Tip: Embed Contact information within Micro SD card (Contact Generator Program Added)

Reactions: Oconnb910
I have seen some postings on the local craigslist that ask for drone pilots to help fly over and retrieve lost drones for a small payment. I have responded when I see them post up , but have yet to be able to assist in this manner.

Perhaps post a craigslist ad in the "Gigs" section for a nearby drone pilot to assist.

possible...I hope its on the shoping center roof.They will call me soon so I hope they will find it.

Csocika - you may be able to get help from someone on the forum if they know where you are at. If you go to mavicpilots home page and tap on the “c” that is your icon you can go to “account details” and post your location so it shows in your posts. Then if someone is near to you they can let you know and maybe give you some help.

He’s in the U.K. BDOG so no FAA #’s
D57CB642-C35E-4994-B1FF-D83B1D955489.png
but still should have had info on it .Sure hate you lost it OP and maybe as you we’re just told to do there might still be some hope on finding it.

Reactions: BD0G
well its end.Did not find it lost it...easy. stil ldont know how I lost connection if i runing after my drone in a street , where is only a long road. Remot show "connection" on the main screen. rubish.Anyway it was rain today and yesterday as well so if someone find it its already become faulty because of the water damage.
things are in the handbook different in the real life.
Like when you read someting " I hit you" than someone is fisically hit you its twoo different story. :)
Im out. Lost end of story.

well its end.Did not find it lost it...easy. stil ldont know how I lost connection if i runing after my drone in a street , where is only a long road. Remot show "connection" on the main screen. rubish.Anyway it was rain today and yesterday as well so if someone find it its already become faulty because of the water damage.
things are in the handbook different in the real life.
Like when you read someting " I hit you" than someone is fisically hit you its twoo different story. :)
Im out. Lost end of story.
Twas explained already, line of site. If the drone was out of your site because of a building which from the pictures it looks like it would have been, then you can lose GPS.
Edit: Confusing this with another but I could see why you would lose GPS. But Meta4 shows that you never lost GPS.

Lost signal at 400 metres?
Sorry, I see no lost signal at 400 metres.
What I see in your recorded flight data is full signal right out to 836 metres at 20:10.
Any time up till then you had full control and could have descended and/or canceled RTH and taken control and flown home.
Instead you let the wind take your Mavic.

This was 100% pilot error, quit blaming the drone.

Last edited:
Twas explained already, line of site. If the drone was out of your site because of a building which from the pictures it looks like it would have been, then you can lose GPS.
Edit: Confusing this with another but I could see why you would lose GPS. But Meta4 shows that you never lost GPS.

Lost signal at 400 metres?
Sorry, I see no lost signal at 400 metres.
What I see in your recorded flight data is full signal right out to 836 metres at 20:10.
Any time up till then you had full control and could have descended and/or canceled RTH and taken control and flown home.
Instead you let the wind take your Mavic.

This was 100% pilot error, quit blaming the drone.
ok than its my faulty.
few things are different like 400-500m later i lost signal does not metter what the numbers are say and alos the time is 20:10??? man I went to fly around 1:30pm afternoon
2 thigs are going on.
1 is what I seen ot he mavic controller."connection"
2 what the numbers are say.
Like a boss.
they looking every time just the numbers NOT what the employees say.
this is my point.
Last, but not least I had no connection + cant rush about 20km/h .sorry XD

ok than its my faulty.
few things are different like 400-500m later i lost signal does not metter what the numbers are say and alos the time is 20:10??? man I went to fly around 1:30pm afternoon
The numbers are very accurate and reliable.
20:10 is not the time of day.
20:10 = 20 minutes and 10 seconds into the flight

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000