DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost mavic pro help pls

Reading stories about lost drones sure has made me a much better pilot. From what I read, looks like most are pilot error... Thanks to all that step up to help when mistakes are made. This place has been a valued part of my pilot education.

Same for me

If you are giving up . Contact DJI. Tell them that you have the flight log and beg them to offer you a replacement. They may settle with you and offer a discount on a replacement.
Virey nice from you. But The problem is I bought this drone from ebay without any warranty.Also the drone never been used but it was around a year old.And I will never spend more money on any drone anymore. Dont need this feeling again when I rushing my drone.. No thanks

Last edited:
I've been there before with my P4. Some reason my P4 responded erratically to my flight controls. I tried RTH, switching flight modes to no avail. I went through flight log and was able to narrow search area to 200m radius. Went there with an actual SAR team I volunteer with as practice exercise for "lost child". We canvassed area and were certain about location. It wasn't until we put word I offered 5,000 peso reward ($100 USD) for return. Wouldn't you know, a farmer saw it land, watched us looking for it and didn't say anything until the reward was mentioned.

24991387_2001021736838099_505089306208754676_n.jpg25182203_2001021753504764_5953692139271304593_o.jpg

I've been there before with my P4. Some reason my P4 responded erratically to my flight controls. I tried RTH, switching flight modes to no avail. I went through flight log and was able to narrow search area to 200m radius. Went there with an actual SAR team I volunteer with as practice exercise for "lost child". We canvassed area and were certain about location. It wasn't until we put word I offered 5,000 peso reward ($100 USD) for return. Wouldn't you know, a farmer saw it land, watched us looking for it and didn't say anything until the reward was mentioned.

View attachment 62810View attachment 62811
bad luck :(
I just realised few days ago when I copied all my videos during fight that the last one is not finished...Mean i lost connection. So dont buy anymore drones. They are not safe to fly,also no way to find it if you loos it. Good luck mate

@Meta4 You have a very good point. Considering that there are thousands of Mavics that have not been lost to pilot error and a good deal of the lost Mavic posts we see here are from disgruntled pilots who have themselves put thier craft in danger and want to divert that towards the technology.

Its important to remember and acknowledge that members like you , SAR104, Budwalker put time and effort into analyzing Flight Logs and interpreting them to determine where the area that should be searched actually is.

It is done as a selfless gesture to help those that are in dire straights after having lost an expensive prized possession.

You guys are scholars and gentleman for providing the help and support to all us noob pilots and we are extremely lucky to have the advice that you guys dish out so freely here!

It’s a real shame the OP didn’t find his drone!

Hopefully he will get lucky with something else.

Reactions: John235
Drones aren't exactly your area of expertise.
You would be the last person to take advice from.
Ok than so if I have a very expensive drone where should I use it? at home in the room? I just dont understand how I lost conenction so quick...LOL
800m is not 7km..sure it was a building in the way lets say 3km make it half.. but its still not 800m.

@Meta4 You have a very good point. Considering that there are thousands of Mavics that have not been lost to pilot error and a good deal of the lost Mavic posts we see here are from disgruntled pilots who have themselves put thier craft in danger and want to divert that towards the technology.

Its important to remember and acknowledge that members like you , SAR104, Budwalker put time and effort into analyzing Flight Logs and interpreting them to determine where the area that should be searched actually is.

It is done as a selfless gesture to help those that are in dire straights after having lost an expensive prized possession.
I have ask DJI for an other drone to see how much they want. .than they come back to me win 800dollar..
Also I could not find anyone who can help me to find my drone.. But i have a feeling that the last position is absolutelly incorrect.So Im looking in the dark...

I have ask DJI for an other drone to see how much they want. .than they come back to me win 800dollar..
Also I could not find anyone who can help me to find my drone.. But i have a feeling that the last position is absolutelly incorrect.So Im looking in the dark...

The last recorded position is not where it landed, but it was not hard to predict approximately where it came down, as I pointed out in post #33. That you haven't found it means that either you haven't searched thoroughly (which may be difficult given all the roof area) or that someone picked it up.

This incident was entirely pilot error, and your continued attempts to try to imply that the fault lies with DJI or lack of help finding it is becoming really tedious.

Reactions: BD0G
The last recorded position is not where it landed, but it was not hard to predict approximately where it came down, as I pointed out in post #33. That you haven't found it means that either you haven't searched thoroughly (which may be difficult given all the roof area) or that someone picked it up.

This incident was entirely pilot error, and your continued attempts to try to imply that the fault lies with DJI or lack of help finding it is becoming really tedious.
I know the last position is not the landing position but I dont understand what is happened with the drone because the battery was still 12% and my remote was On to get back connection..but its did not happened.
offcoure it was part of my fault I know But it does not make sense for me why I lost connection that quick.
And when I see that my drone is going fare a way from me I have no chance to do anything.....So sad that those drones are dont provide anymore gps signal after landed. Also dont understand tha we talking about 800 pounds value of drone and dont have a chance to locate later on or do something reactivation lock by serial..Seriously its sick i got a samsung gear fit 2 which cost me 80 pounds than it has got a lock..DJI drones for 800 or 1200 (mavic 2) nothing?
And the other silly thing is you can locate your lost drone ONLY when you are connected ?? haha its stupid agan..Sorry my bad behaviour I just want to tell everyone what is going on.Those drones are god only if they around you / no wind/no water/no wind ..etc
and as always we talking about real life and numbers.
you just looking the numbers I dont because I got a real life and I have seen everithing how my drone goes a way does metter what stick I have pushed..0 controll than lost connection after 500m (also if you looking my flight log you will see that the memory card get full exactly when the drone become uncontrlollable..my sd card size was 64gb and I only recorded about 15minutes in 1080 60p)
i know the flight log shows 800m but I have seen everithing.
End of story.

see this video
Done crashed withour no reason and the previous video what they made is
sure it was a high interferenc problem
looks like something is going on with those drones. Like myone .
Got something problem with the software.

looks like something is going on with those drones. Like my one .
Got something problem with the software.
The problem with your drone was the guy that DJI sold it to.
The big problem with the software was between your ears.
There was nothing at all to suggest there was any problem with your Mavic.

You've had the whole flight explained to a few times and you haven't taken in any of it.
You have to read the manual and understand how to operate the drone before getting adventurous.

Having a drone that has a 7 km control range don’t mean you can control it for that distance if there is interference or anything between the RC and the drone . The more obstacles between the two makes the range shorter and shorter . If you want lots of control distance get away from wifi pollution , power lines . Have a clear line of site . The mavic will then have the good range .

ok than so what is you oppinion about this picture from my flight log?
I lost controll when the drone sd card get full after 20 min later BUT i have used 64gb sd card mean I can record around 2 hours 1080p 60 video.
not quiet sure how is it possible that the sd card get full after about 20 min...?????
Here is the video from the last few seconds
MEGA
Screenshot_20190302-194755.png

ok than so what is you oppinion about this picture from my flight log?
I lost controll when the drone sd card get full after 20 min later BUT i have used 64gb sd card mean I can record around 2 hours 1080p 60 video.
not quiet sure how is it possible that the sd card get full after about 20 min...?????
Here is the video from the last few seconds
MEGA
View attachment 64655

You did not lose control and that message has nothing to do with flight control. The flight data clearly show that the aircraft responded to your input - the problem was that the wind was too strong. As @Meta4 mentioned above, you seem to be completely incapable of reading and understanding any of the multiple explanations posted in this thread. I can't help you any further.

yes its corret I did not lose connection but I could not controll my drone after this sd card message.This is a bit strange and also the high wind atention message come up after around 5sec later when the sd card full message.
I do understand but again you just looking the numbers.Sorry but its thrue.
And one more thing what you have to see is when I lost signal my drone tried to come back to me (RTH) than it stopped for a 4-5 second in a wind? what? so how is it possible the rth is turned on the drone stopped in the super high wind?
Just look the drone behavior in wind and after when I god sd card message issue.
and again I did not get answer about sd card problem how is it possible that my sd car get full after 20min when I used 64gb card? I ordered the card from an origianl shop, not from ebay 5pounds s..t and the card was formatted by the drone before this situation.
There is something not clear.
Thans for your reply

yes its corret I did not lose connection but I could not controll my drone after this sd card message.This is a bit strange and also the high wind atention message come up after around 5sec later when the sd card full message.
I do understand but again you just looking the numbers.Sorry but its thrue.
And one more thing what you have to see is when I lost signal my drone tried to come back to me (RTH) than it stopped for a 4-5 second in a wind? what? so how is it possible the rth is turned on the drone stopped in the super high wind?
Just look the drone behavior in wind and after when I god sd card message issue.
and again I did not get answer about sd card problem how is it possible that my sd car get full after 20min when I used 64gb card? I ordered the card from an origianl shop, not from ebay 5pounds s..t and the card was formatted by the drone before this situation.
There is something not clear.
Thans for your reply
Wow unbelievable

Reactions: Pioneer007
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54