DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Mavic Air in a first day

read a lot of forums related to this. i may suggest add up another tracking device just to make sure

It was autolanding and at only 90ft (maybe 150 AGL) when the log ends. The area looks steep but accessible from the P1 road to the north, or from the takeoff point. @Dimitrius you can probably find it without much issue, and find it with minimal damage because it was landing itself. You were already walking behind it during most of the flight anyway.

pIRpq7P.png

red, drone flightpath
green, where you already walked
blue circle, where the drone probably is
blue arrow, best way to park?
Yup that's the best way to park.

Reactions: FMR
Lots of folks make new mistakes. This should not be a place to ostracize like the member above wishing the OP would have lost it.

Lesson is likely learned. In my practice, of the trees are blowing the drone stats down. What you feel on the ground is 5x in the air. This little drone is tiny and can do well in wind. Not worth the thousand buck chance If it’s gustu

Not to mention there is no joy in flying in windy/gusty conditions .
On a different note the Mavic Air with its 21min battery is lame ...DJI need to up the battery capacity to 30min

On a different note the Mavic Air with its 21min battery is lame ...DJI need to up the battery capacity to 30min

There’s plenty of fun flying in windy/gusty conditions. It’s just a matter of being educated and experienced in what’s considered too windy/gusty. Majority of the time I fly it’s windy/gusty, I cant control the weather but I can react to it accordingly

Reactions: turbodronepilot
On a different note the Mavic Air with its 21min battery is lame ...DJI need to up the battery capacity to 30min[/QUOTE my pro only gets 4 minutes longer in battery life so it's not a big deal I bought 4 batteries .

Just upping the battery capacity for 30 mins isnt as easy as just whacking in a bigger battery. Those that have been flying drones for more than a few years know that 21min is far from lame. Drone manufacturers are making good headway with endurance and current battery technology.
There is a new lipo battery design that uses super thin plates of glass between the cells making it easier to get more punch for size. However, the battery needs to be treated like an egg and not really practical for consumers

OMG I am actually glad this guy lost the AIR, because with his total lack of concern for learning anything about it's operation he put it up in the air.

Just imagine the damage he could have done if he continued to fly with the total lack of knowledge. He would have become another talking point for more regulation on our hobby.

These things are not toys like many users think, they can cause serious damage and maybe even death if used improperly.

I have said it before, I think DJI has made these too **** easy to operate and promotes the "anyone" can fly them. I understand they are just trying to sell more product, but in doing so these things fall into the hands of people too stupid to operate them safely and responsible pilots are paying the price for DJI's success. IMHO
TNHAY(there's nothing humble about you.)

Last edited:
Guys, thanks for your help and your comments. I've learned a lot of new information I've shared my story with you to warn you what can be happend and I hope you will never loose your drones.
I was trying to find my drone for 5 hours, but my mission failed :(

Guys, thanks for your help and your comments. I've learned a lot of new information I've shared my story with you to warn you what can be happend and I hope you will never loose your drones.
but hey, flying a drone is still fun, isn't? :)

that's why drone trackers are very much recommendable nowadays

Don't give up..put in another 5 hrs tomorrow .
I've lost one before and it's not much fun ,but I've also found one after many hours of searching ,so don't give up and don't let it get you down..

When it comes to flying against the wind I look at it like im swimming up river .. If I don't swim fast I'll be swept away.
Same goes for the air. If your losing ground you need to fly with full power or you will be swept away..
If you know you're out of battery then find a good landing spot before you get too low on power and land.

Reactions: FMR and swooshdave
A question to the pros. Will switching the MA to sport mode during automated RTH enable it to cope better with high wind speed?
I know in RTH mode you can push throttle stuck forward manually and you get more the auto cruise speed.mine comes back at just over 30mph doing this ....drone still steers by itself

When it comes to flying against the wind I look at it like im swimming up river .. If I don't swim fast I'll be swept away.
Same goes for the air. If your losing ground you need to fly with full power or you will be swept away..
If you know you're out of battery then find a good landing spot before you get too low on power and land.
Exactly! have you had an experience of fighting the wind?

Exactly! have you had an experience of fighting the wind?
Hi there .
Yes I have on many occasions back in the day before all the FAA regulations came out ..
I've been out more than four miles before with my inspire 1 and barely made it back to the home point with four percent battery remaining .To be honest I find blos flights to be very exzileratting !

Reactions: Rnl
There’s plenty of fun flying in windy/gusty conditions. It’s just a matter of being educated and experienced in what’s considered too windy/gusty. Majority of the time I fly it’s windy/gusty, I cant control the weather but I can react to it accordingly

Correct we can't control the weather gusty windy days ranging from 27 to 43km just don't get with me. Haven't had great success with video on gusty days.
The Mavic Air is nimble and light ...holds her own but gets thrown around a bit at Alitude especially

Hi there .
Yes I have on many occasions back in the day before all the FAA regulations came out ..
I've been out more than four miles before with my inspire 1 and barely made it back to the home point with four percent battery remaining .To be honest I find blos flights to be very exzileratting !
What a thrilled experience! does your inspire 1 have some type of attachments to it?

Hi there .
Still my favourite DJI drone.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
What a thrilled experience! does your inspire 1 have some type of attachments to it?
Hi Ryan...
At the time I had a fpvlr antenna on my r.c.
Stock the range is about 2 miles or so on my i1 and is far enough to get a huge rush. In fact I don't need to fly very far these days for thrills. I have a blast flying over milerton dam here in the foothills of Fresno .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13