DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost signal, but M2 Zoom hovered, drone never returned to home

There is another thread where someone indicates that the most recent firmware defaulted his setting to Hover. Seems like the likely culprit, and a bad, perhaps not intentional change in the firmware.
I would suspect that updating firmware was not the culprit or it would be happening all the time.
For almost all flying, RTH is the only Loss of Signal option that makes any sense.
It's for that reason that it is the factory default setting and always has been.
It does not change unless you change it.

And if you change it and then update firmware, it's likely to revert back to RTH.

So at that point where I inadvertently cancelled the RTH wondering what my mistake was. Can an RTH be cancelled by hitting the RTH button on the controller (e.g. like a toggle ON/OFF). I hit the RTH several times. I also remember some confusion hitting the onscreen RTH vs. Hover hotspot. Thinking I may have hit the hover accidentally, then lost signal again before hitting the RTH again.
I know I am late to this discussion, but to initiate RTH you need to press and hold the RTH button; a single press will cancel it. By pressing it several times you were only cancelling any RTH that may have started automatically if it managed to reconnect.

Johnmoxl,
I had the same thing happen to my beloved Mavic2 Pro
on June 2nd, over some nasty AZ badlands. The bird hovered until it ran out of power and then sank into the
treacherous abyss. RTH was the default and it never came back. I may have inadvertently canceled RTH, not sure. I am pursuing contacting DJI to see if I could get a discounted new drone. I have been too long without my
Mavic.
Steve B.
Tucson, AZ

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98