DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P in extreme cold

foxwilmar

Reactions
In a couple of weeks I’ll be covering a car rally going up past the Arctic Circle and likely will have temps around -25/30F. I can keep the batteries warm until flight time but am wondering if I need to use the enterprise heated batteries. Anyone have experience in similar conditions. Thanks.

not with -30 F, but I flew in the Alps on a Glacier with - 25 C what is about -15F. Mavic, batteries and remote were placed in the Van with 20C (68F), and I started the Mav inside the car before I went out. The hole job last about 5h and I used 6 batteries (inkl. reload), always putting the Mav imediately into the car after a flight. Everything worked fine, but on 30f (-35C) I dont know. But, please, let us know how it works :).

In a couple of weeks I’ll be covering a car rally going up past the Arctic Circle and likely will have temps around -25/30F. I can keep the batteries warm until flight time but am wondering if I need to use the enterprise heated batteries. Anyone have experience in similar conditions. Thanks.

Reactions: RickinWaST
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian