DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2pro Sensor noise

Being a photographer who has had wall size prints made, you don't know what you are talking about. Noise does show up in a print. If you are like what you call most people, you are viewing the photos on a phone and even ones taken with the phone look good there.

I too sell wall sized prints - if you are having issues with noise showing up in your prints under normal circumstances, you need to work on your processing techniques or change the print medium.

That is why I posted jpg's processed by the cameras themselves untouched.

The very definition of a JPEG means it is fully processed - this is what you do not seem to grasp and what I am trying to peel out and explain to people so they do not misinterpret your comments as fact. You cannot compare 'untouched' JPEGs because they don't really exist. You seem to be taking offense to this and I apologize if that is the case as it is not my intention.

FYI I do know all about noise reduction, I don't need any help from you. Once again you are so far off the question of the thread.

That may be true but the comments you are making suggest the opposite, and I can only respond to the information I am given.

I have worked with many MP2 raw files and am frustrated by all the noise. They are advertising this as a Hassleblad. I answered the poster that what they are seeing is typical of this unit. I don't need a stupid sensor shootout to see what is on my computer monitor.

See my earlier explanation re: Hasselblad's involvement. A 30 second google search would have been enough to temper your expectations before your purchased the drone if you are disappointed that it isn't performing like a $30K digital back. Branding like this is very common in the camera world and also in marketing in general across a variety of products.

I have spent enough years processing photos to tell you I don't care what the sensor is, I can see what I can and can't do with it. The MP2 is noisy period.

You could spend 200 years processing photos and if you are not interested in objective, relevant, apples-to-apples comparisons that directly translate to what we see with our eyes, it doesn't make a difference.

I will not be responding to you again as you seem to think you need a scientific experiment to be able to see noise in a photo. Try using your eyes or maybye quit viewing it on a phone iPad/tablet...
I apologize to the original poster for this post going way south.

The funny thing about facts is it doesn't really matter what you think, they're still true ;) A poorly processed image followed by an improper test that will exaggerate noise on one of the (completely different) comparison images is not a useful comparison by any definition. It is standard procedure when comparing images, there is nothing scientific about it. And where did I ever say I was viewing on a tablet? I use a hardware calibrated NEC PA272W with a 14bit 3D LUT if you're curious. Matching prints to my screen is critical in my line of work.

Nothing has gone South as there are important clarifications being made that are relevant to the OP's question. It's all good Thumbswayup

Reactions: dannybgoode
I think the real question is if the M2P camera is better or worse than comparable cameras. It is in perspective smaller than a Gopro session.

I just love how people want to hate on the M2P.
I'm a commercial director and photographer and I literally make my living from videos and photos for major clients all over the world and I couldn't be happier with this little drone. It's a $1,300 toy and it does better work than my Inspire 1 Pro X5 did just 3 years ago. I just can't imagine what you could be doing work wise that this thing is a disappointment to you. If it sucks that bad, then go buy an Inspire 2 X7.

This drone would be military spec hardware just 5 years ago and all I see here are people trying to dissect all of it's problems like it's somehow preventing them from doing good work. The creativity and ambition of your work is more important than the noise level, pixel binning, etc of a toy drone. You are the creative source, not the drone. Nothing is holding you back.
I just think everything is awesome and I'm disappointed that so many people aren't happy. Let's just go outside and create something, we'll be happier. The truth is 99.9999% of your clients and fans will never know the difference.
I am a photographer that has always wanted a drone, not for photos but just to fly.
Then I saw this being released and was sold with the Hassleblad name. I knew for the money it couldn't perform as well as a Hassleblad but was hoping for the best. What I got is a top notch camera that I can position anywhere (except where it is not allowed which is a whole nother can of worms) and take some fantastic photos. I am dissapointed in the noise with it being advertised with the Hassleblad name.
I am not a video person but have been looking at some footage in Filmora and it looks incredible. The picture is amazing and the gimbal is so flippin smooth and steady.
As far as the drone itself, I'm having a blast flying it. It responds perfectly (with the sensors off). Looking forward to trying FPV. That has got to be soooo cool....

I fly FPV airplanes and racing drones and can promise you it is a completely different level. Get yourself a racing drone and a pair of Fatshark googles and have a blast !
Actually we think it sounds funny hearing when DJI pilots is afraid of loosing the GPS lock and go into Atti mode. We fly the quads unstabilized, or acro mode as we call it. And they are almost unbreakable. And flies cirlcles around a Mavic in sports mode. For the 3 mins the battery lasts... ;)
I am not talking down DJI, its drones or supporters. DJI drones are perfect for what they are designed to do. But coming from FPV they are hardly very exiting to manoeuvre.

I fly FPV airplanes and racing drones and can promise you it is a completely different level. Get yourself a racing drone and a pair of Fatshark googles and have a blast !
Actually we think it sounds funny hearing when DJI pilots is afraid of loosing the GPS lock and go into Atti mode. We fly the quads unstabilized, or acro mode as we call it. And they are almost unbreakable. And flies cirlcles around a Mavic in sports mode. For the 3 mins the battery lasts... ;)
I am not talking down DJI, its drones or supporters. DJI drones are perfect for what they are designed to do. But coming from FPV they are hardly very exiting to manoeuvre.

The M2P is my first drone. I was quite suprised to find out that the drone pretty much flies itself and I just tell it where to go. I got it more for the camera so that works out great.
I picked up a Taranis Q X7 to use with drone simulaters on the PC (RDS FreeRider Velocidrone) and find it very challenging, nothing like the gps quads. I was looking into getting a tiny whoop as they seem rather indestructable and I'm not doing that great yet in the sims...
KINGKONG/LDARC ET115 3S FPV Racing Drone F3 FC OSD 12A BLHELI_S 4 In 1 ESC 5.8G 16CH VTX Frsky Receiver - BNF
It's BNF but I need to see what receivers my transmitter covers.

Your transmitter will be fine with that one. But I am not so sure I would go for a quad like that. Too big and fast indoors, and too light outdoors maybe.
I would recommend you go for a 5" straight away. Bigger and faster but easy to fly. Power is your friend with these quads. Immersion RC makes some great BNF quads in their Vortex line.
This said I know people are really liking the Emax Babyhawk Pro if you want something lighter and safer for playgrounds etc. : Emax Babyhawk Race Pro Micro Quadcopter (BNF)

BTW: The Taranis QX7 is a great transmitter !
BTW part II: There is a lot of very good used equipment to be found.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu