DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 4g Dongle

I can confirm that the 4G dongle setup will not allow you to fly the Mavic 3 in UK 100%, but at least if you have the RC Pro with one dongle fitted you then get full cellular connection for maps etc on RC Pro so no need to have your phone as hotspot.
It means that the enanced menu doesn't appear? Someone is about to receive the dongle in Italy so I would like to know what to expect.

Correct, the enhanced transmission tab is not shown, so can not be switched to 4g mode

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That's great! When used with the RC-N1 and a cell phone as the device, you only need the aircraft dongle! However, the aircraft dongle still requires its own SIM card, doesn't it?

The problem isn't that regulatory approval is not available for a cellular 4G drone in the US. Maybe just a DJI version...

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The problem isn't that regulatory approval is not available for a cellular 4G drone in the US. Maybe just a DJI version...

Maybe US and other Nato countries looking to not have Chinese Mobile devices in their countries.

Such approval might also be limited to Enterprise use, instead of consumer, similar to the Parrot ANAFI, and the 10 year nationwide GEO free Enterprise unlocks available from DJI to qualified Enterprise entities!

I live in the Philippines.

I got mine from Aliexpress a few days ago, and bought and loaded two sim cards.

Then I tried it. It does bring up the advanced transmission option. When I press it, It says "unable to establish 4g communication. check network settings."

My dongle starts solid red, then goes to solid green, but never blinks green.

Without the drone turned on, it won't bring up the advanced transmission option. So it is detecting the dongle to some extent.

So I guess it won't work in the Philippines, unless I'm doing something wrong.

In what country is this dongle working currently without any issues?

In what country is this dongle working currently without any issues?
Used to work in Korea, Aussie and for a limited time in New Zealand, Dji has closed the servers to everyone but China only for now, I believe as they were testing it outside of Chine.

Maybe I'll comment on some of the Australian and South Korean YouTube videos, and see if they've been cut off.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe