DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 4g Dongle

What is a 4g dongle?

Guys does anyone know if you need to have the new RC Pro to be able to use the NEW DJI 4G dongle? or will it work with the RCN1?

Guys does anyone know if you need to have the new RC Pro to be able to use the NEW DJI 4G dongle? or will it work with the RCN1?
I can't find much on the dongle but I'd think you would need the RC Pro, the 4G feature is mentioned here:

4G Communication​

With the DJI Cellular Dongle installed, DJI RC Pro can operate through 4G signals, providing stable communication even when the drone is flying in urban areas, forest, and other complicated environments. During flight, the O3+ transmission system coordinates with 4G transmission and switches seamlessly to ensure a smooth shooting experience.

I can't find much on the dongle but I'd think you would need the RC Pro, the 4G feature is mentioned here:

Interesting, thank you. I did opted to go with a tripletek 8 pro. I wonder if it will work?? I doubt but can hope it does

The bottom of the RC Pro has an empty compartment with two antenna connectors for the 4G radio. This is how it will communicate with the cellular network and thus to the dongle-equipped aircraft.

There are two components required, the 4G radio module in the controller, and the 4G dongle on the aircraft.

The bottom of the RC Pro has an empty compartment with two antenna connectors for the 4G radio. This is how it will communicate with the cellular network and thus to the dongle-equipped aircraft.

There are two components required, the 4G radio module in the controller, and the 4G dongle on the aircraft.
Thank you for this information. Is it safe to assume that the 4G dongle won't be able to work with anything other controller beside the RCPro??

Thank you for this information. Is it safe to assume that the 4G dongle won't be able to work with anything other controller beside the RCPro??

That is not correct. DJI's 4G LTE dongle works for both regular controller (RC-N1) and smart controller (RC-PRO). The real problem is, the dongle is only for sale in China mainland. You pay an annual subscription fee to use DJI's server to relay data between the dongle and the controller. Even if you managed to purchase a dongle outside of China, I am not sure if DJI would activate the service for you, since they have no plan to support the service in other region.

That is not correct. DJI's 4G LTE dongle works for both regular controller (RC-N1) and smart controller (RC-PRO). The real problem is, the dongle is only for sale in China mainland. You pay an annual subscription fee to use DJI's server to relay data between the dongle and the controller. Even if you managed to purchase a dongle outside of China, I am not sure if DJI would activate the service for you, since they have no plan to support the service in other region.
Hmm very interesting. I guess only time will tell. If the 4G dongle can work with the RCN1 that will be cool. You have a link where I can learn more about the dongle?? Thanks in advance.

Hmm very interesting. I guess only time will tell. If the 4G dongle can work with the RCN1 that will be cool. You have a link where I can learn more about the dongle?? Thanks in advance.

Try Google/Youtube search for "DJI 4g dongle for Mavic 3".

There are not a lot of information in English, since DJI has no plan to sell it outside of China mainland yet.

Reactions: redserv
If you go to the DJI store (I'd recommend using a private tab) and change your region to Chinese, then open the Mavic 3 page you'll see the dongle listed there and you can click to expand the details, if your browser offers translation it should be readable. This is the link but it might bounce you back to your local region:

I note it only specific the Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Cine and the RC-Pro as being compatible but not the RC-N1, these are the details on that page:

DJI Cellular module (TD-LTE wireless data terminal)​

¥699

Overview
You can access your DJI equipment to the 4G network to achieve multiple functions such as networking, enhanced graphics, and network RTK。This module provides you with a high-speed and stable networking service, supports most of the 4G frequency bands in the world, and gives a one-year enhanced graphics subscription service。
Enhanced graphics: On the basis of the original graphics, collaborate with the 4G network. If the original graphic signal is blocked or interfered, the user can still use the 4G network to control the drone and reduce the chance of disconnecting the connection。
Warm tips
1. This product does not include SIM cards, please contact your local operator to buy。
2. When using enhanced graphics, be sure to operate the drone in the place where the remote control or mobile phone 4G signal is close to full grid。Since the enhanced graphics are achieved through the 4G network, there may be some delays and Caton, and you must fly cautiously。
3. According to the activation date, the enhanced graphics service needs to be renewed after one year, and the subscription price is 99 yuan/year。
4. DJI may terminate the enhanced graphics service at any time in accordance with local laws and regulations。Enhanced graphic service termination does not affect other networking functions of the Cellular module。
5. If you need to use enhanced legends on DJI RC Pro, you must install a Cellular module on the drone and DJI RC Pro。
Packing list
DJI Cellular Module (TD-LTE Wireless Data Terminal) × 1
Adaptable products
DJI Mavic 3
DJI Mavic 3 Cine
DJI RC Pro

You can see the harness for the drone on the same page:

DJI Cellular module installation kit (applicable to DJI Mavic 3)​

¥69

Overview
With the use of the DJI Cellular module, it can be firmly installed on DJI Mavic 3, which contains the installation stand and connection line, excluding the DJI Cellular module。
Warm tips
Please follow the instructions before take-off and ensure that the DJI Cellular module installation and connection are stable。
Packing list
DJI Cellular module installation bracket (applicable to DJI Mavic 3) × 1
DJI Cellular Module Connection Line (applicable to DJI Mavic 3) × 1
Adaptable products
DJI Mavic 3
DJI Mavic 3 Cine
DJI Cellular module

If you go to the DJI store (I'd recommend using a private tab) and change your region to Chinese, then open the Mavic 3 page you'll see the dongle listed there and you can click to expand the details, if your browser offers translation it should be readable. This is the link but it might bounce you back to your local region:

I note it only specific the Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Cine and the RC-Pro as being compatible but not the RC-N1, these are the details on that page:

You can see the harness for the drone on the same page:
Hmm that kills my dream of using it then. I have RCN1 controller

Too bad. I was hoping to use it here in the Philippines. I thought it work with any cellular network.

Reactions: redserv
Aliexpress search DJI 4G Td-Lte

I can confirm that the 4G dongle setup will not allow you to fly the Mavic 3 in UK 100%, but at least if you have the RC Pro with one dongle fitted you then get full cellular connection for maps etc on RC Pro so no need to have your phone as hotspot.

Reactions: Johnmcl7
I can confirm that the 4G dongle setup will not allow you to fly the Mavic 3 in UK 100%, but at least if you have the RC Pro with one dongle fitted you then get full cellular connection for maps etc on RC Pro so no need to have your phone as hotspot.
You still beed a SIM card for it, too, right?

You still beed a SIM card for it, too, right?
Yes you do, I was lucky to blag an unlimited data sim for 3 network for £3 per month, offer is finished now (business plan)

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Where did you get your 4G dongle?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kueaue