DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 Pricing supposedly leaked.

It's not only the production price variance, but also the additional cost/ headache of having another SKU to provide support on. They already pretty much suck at support, but another product variation with such a difference in features would only make it worse. That being said, they don't appear to care about the support side of things, so my guess is that if there was a market for what you are asking for, they would have catered to it already.
If I were to get the same service on that bird, that I've gotten on my Mini-2s for the last 10 months, that would be fully acceptable.

All those potential costs to them can be capitalized into the purchase price of the drone.

I don't believe that if there was a market, they already would have done it. Making USA-only products may be counter-intuitive for DJI.

Thx,

TCS

If I was designing the USA MAX, I'd also completely lose the folding legs.

Have to admit, that's one thing I love about my Spark.
It's larger to carry (slightly) than a mini, but smaller than the mini range when the mini is unfolded.

Who knows what the base model comes with but, in almost any case, it'll be worth the $157 to get the Pro model.
I was thinking the same thing!

Screen-Shot-2022-04-11-at-3.46.47-PM.jpg.webp

If the pricing Drone XL put up in the linked story is right, and in Chinese Yuan, then it's unlikely that will be the end price in other currencies.

A similar thing happened in a Mavic 3 thread here way back at that stage in its marketing frenzy . . . a photo of Chinese prices, another story had converted to US$ and a lot of people here commented that's not too bad.
Then it was released at a higher cost for most packages in US$ . . . from memory I think one price was about right, might have been the base pricing.

When I converted it back to Australian $, I found when released here it was dearer again, but still close in another different package (flymore ? Can't recall).

Lots of factors that DJI would use in World pricing strategies, one of which is to 'sell for what the market will bear', and they have been softening up consumers around the World quite nicely now for a few years.

It could turn out right, but better to wait and see, avoid the sticker shock.

Reactions: thispilothere
It's always a possibility but very improbable. As of today the main and most important characteristic of the Mini line has been weighing <250g.
What has been the main and most important characteristic of the “PRO” designation though?

What has been the main and most important characteristic of the “PRO” designation though?

It seems to be a designation that will change with each version/ model. The M2P was a way of differentiating the camera from the M2Z. No idea what they could mean in the Mini series though.

Reactions: test2000Anafi
my biggest issue in even thinking about the mini 3 is do I have to wait 9 months for the **** thing to be good and what I payed for. I returned the m3 and now im just trying to figure out what the smart move is... sitting on a air2.. wish I had the air2s and would probably be happier.. miss that camera on the m3... but man being a beta flyer for 5 months really pissed me off on the m3.. I would love a mini3 that could take some wind but I just doubt it...
I have an air 2 right now and would like to upgrade,but the big question is to what I do not know .
Going to sit tight and see what the mini 3 has to offer first I guess.

It seems to be a designation that will change with each version/ model. The M2P was a way of differentiating the camera from the M2Z. No idea what they could mean in the Mini series though.
True. Also one could say mavic probably meant foldable drone compared to phantom. However the mavic 3 is positioned as the new pro.

For the mini it could mean: it’s less crappy than the other minis :-0

What is +DJI RC on the model listings? Is that saying the other kits have NO CONTROLLER or the controller will be the cell phone software only by WiFI? Couldn't be the "Pro" as that is way more expensive than the kit price,
This is my biggest question at the moment.

What controller comes with the "base" kit for either the Standard or Pro versions?

As long as it has some controller, even it it's just a Mini-2 controller, that's fine, but I haven't seen any pics or specs on this at all.

MM

Who knows what the base model comes with but, in almost any case, it'll be worth the $157 to get the Pro model.
Well, it depends on what the feature differences are.

If the Pro version only has enhancements in the photo/video area, with the same flight capabilities, I'd be inclined to stick with the Standard.

Only the other hand, if the Pro version has True Blue DJI FPV, meaning it will work with the DJI FPV goggles, then that would make the Pro version the non-brainer obvious choice for me.

I'm sure we'll see a lot more leaks, before we see product...

MM

I think we've seen the last of cheap-ish DJI drones, but still they are the best of what's out there, especially for photography.
Why do you say that?

At $299, the Mini-1 is seriously cheap, and it's a great little drone!

Time will tell what DJI choose to do, but the 259g threshold seems pushed to the limit now.
But only for the moment.

I worked in high-end semiconductor manufacturing for a long time, and the rule was always that the technology next year will be smaller, faster, and cheaper.

I don't see any reason to believe that the pace has slowed down at all.

Every feature that you can get in a $1200 DJI drone today, you'll be able to get in a Mini version in 2 years. Maybe less.

Progress is good!

:)

MM

From the leaked picture of a box, it appears that this could be a different version of an SC/ RC Pro type remote. Standard should come with the standard remote.
Which would be a Mini-2 remote, or something very much like it?

That would make sense, but I'd sure love to see more info on that...even if it's just leaks, as long as it's about that specifically.

Thx,

MM

Reactions: EliteBleader
I think it is relevant. 99% of USA Mini owners do not want to register their drones. I don't care as I register all my drones but that's just me.
Do you have any evidence for that?

Not meaning to snark, just seriously interested in why you believe this.

Thx,

MM

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13