DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 Zoom

Etdronehome

Reactions
I don’t have much depth of knowledge on camera tech so I’m hoping someone here can clarify something for me.

As you all know the M3 Zoom capability of the M3 is accessed via the binocular icon (explore mode) on the Fly app.

The recording capabilities are limited to the options available while in “explore mode”.

My curiosity stems from what “could” be possible if DJI split the zoom and record function apart and allow each of the cameras aboard to perform at their peak levels. I’m not sure I’m stating that well enough but I would like is to be able to use the “main”camera to capture the content I want at the full range of resolutions and frame rates it is capable of when NOT in explore mode. Maybe as zoom factor goes up some of those options are not possible, but it would nice if during a non-explorer recording session you could simply zoom in on the subject a small amount without moving the drone closer.

I’m likely mistaken but I think what DJI did is limit the recording options to the abilities of the smaller camera.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78