DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2/Mini 2... Why the giant controller????

I guess everybody’s different. I currently have a Mavic two with the screen on the bottom and a mini two with the screen on the top and in terms of where it’s positioned makes absolutely no difference to me. With the brick of a controller for the mini 2 obviously you have to put the screen on top. Putting the phone on the bottom balances the smaller controller nicely with the Mavic 2 and mini 1.
So let me ask you...If you have to make a choice and were offered an option of the bigger controller and less buttons and a smaller controller and more buttons, which would you choose even with a preference of having the screen on top?

I love the Mavic 2 controller if for no other reason then I don’t have to look down to see if I’m in photo mode or video mode and have those buttons independently on left and right sides. They had that feature on the mini 1 as well. On the smaller controller there is plenty of room for a C1 and a C2 button as well as a 5D button. I don’t recall, did them anyone have a 5D? I suspect that DJ I did away with all of those extra buttons for a cost savings in manufacturing. Also note that in the Mavic 2 controller it also has Ocusync2, So there really isn’t a reason that they couldn’t continue with a smaller controller because of that. And I suspect 0C3 it doesn’t take up any more space either.
I’m not sure, but I guess the bigger controller as it fits my hands better too.

is it possible to attach a neck strap to the Mini2 controller safely?!

You should probably purchase a lanyard kit such as one of these...

But if you're in a pinch, this idea I had works fine, but it may put too much stress on the antenna mast and cause problems later down the road.

[Lanyard for MA2

I have since moved up to a Thor tablet holder.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:
thank you!

Oops, I didn't realize that the "in a pinch" link didn't work.

Try this.

Sorry about that. :)

I found a cool accesories at home: arrived with my Firefly 8s cameras :)

ring.jpg

Antenna can go fully back!

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada