DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Man killed retrieving drone .Was shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the case, the younger brother will be blaming himself for his brother passing.
Accident do happen.

RIP.

*could it be the pole used , to be a metal pole that conducted the current?
not sure about this, my country's cable are all underground.

i am in the UK and unable to access the original article, but it is just another biased media report about a drone accident, with no thought for the fact that someone died as a result

Whatever the case, the younger brother will be blaming himself for his brother passing.
Accident do happen.

RIP.

*could it be the pole used , to be a metal pole that conducted the current?
not sure about this, my country's cable are all underground.

I think even a rubber pole would provide enough a juice from Lines like that.

Reactions: Air_Joe
i am in the UK and unable to access the original article, but it is just another biased media report about a drone accident, with no thought for the fact that someone died as a result
Like "Old Man Mavic" I'm in UK and get the following message:-

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 770-478-5753.

Reactions: old man mavic
unfortunately I cannot access the article, gives data protection bullcrap message to stop me, would have liked to put these comments in context

I'm in the UK too, Whitwellian posted as I was typing explaining much better than me

I think even a rubber pole would provide enough a juice from Lines like that.
We used poles for replacing fuses on High voltage overhead lines, I think they were made out of fiberglass.

Natural selection. Everyone knows not to mess with wires and high voltage. He could have easily called the public utility and they would have come down and removed and returned it with the proper equipment and trained personnel. Would it have been free? Probably not, but is being dead worth trying to save a buck? I am sure it would have been worth a few bucks to his family...

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Like "Old Man Mavic" I'm in UK and get the following message:-

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 770-478-5753.
thanks to those posters who sent me the info yes thats the message i got as well

Just as well. Aside from being poorly written generally, it also misstated UAS regulations. Just really bad journalism (even our area's "flagship" paper is very poorly written, which is why I refuse to pay for a subscription). I don't even know if the article was biased. I think the author just needed space to fill and rather than actually investigate he/she just did a copy and past from knowbeforeyoufly.org.

Too bad about the fellow dying for the drone.
The takeaway for me from this article was even though there is a drone registry and there is many that are registered neither the men were pilots nor the drone was registered.
I guess it's not much different than people driving without a license or with a suspended license.

RIP would be appropriate a young man lost his life doing what we all love to do fly our drones,forget the money aspect or the dumb news for focusing on the 5 mile rule or register!!

I live within 5 miles of a hospital heliport, I can’t see it but according to B4UFly app, I’m within the 5 miles. How do I contact the heliport to let them know I’m flying? There is no phone number given on the app.

Same comment I made on PP - that's a really callous article focussing more on the airspace, the regulations and whether the drone was registered than the fact that someone was killed.

I was watching tennis on tv and clearly an airplane was flying over and the first thing the announcer lady said very concerned “ Is that a drone?” Drones have a very high pitch and sound nothing like a single engine plane. This kind of nonsense just feeds the hysteria.

I thought it was a poorly written article . They used a accident to start a letter about rules and regulations . How about wishing the family the best and try to be strong at a terrible time in there family . It was not the correct time or place to talk about fly zones or stuff like that

thanks to those posters who sent me the info yes thats the message i got as well

Here u go pal...

For those who are are unable to access to page,
Hope this might help.

03010d378c2f82eba750cca4ec71c2ef.jpg

280343a5354dba4fbcde3f32504164da.jpg

8c396bbd50727502e25c2c3b558e29ef.jpg

487021f83982a2745d65a298ab4eaeaf.jpg

0e7268a28215d50bce81cd324356885e.jpg

c83c807de3dd37c144e6d14da6694e11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case