DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 MAN OVERBOARD!!! Rescue Training

Spectacular!

Those pilots know their boat handling.

Reactions: blackomega
Both boats are very cool. Do they have names for the rescue dummies? When I was in the Navy, "Oscar" spent quite a bit of time in the water.

Very nice. You must have a connection to be allowed to film that. I did observe the Navy recovery of "Mike" and "Tango" when I did Wet Net training in the Corps. PT Boat and Navy Divers. A long time ago.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Both boats are very cool. Do they have names for the rescue dummies? When I was in the Navy, "Oscar" spent quite a bit of time in the water.
Thanks for watching. I am not sure if the dummy has a name but i heard the crews talking about something called Orca. perhaps that was his name

Reactions: Prop Wash
Very nice. You must have a connection to be allowed to film that. I did observe the Navy recovery of "Mike" and "Tango" when I did Wet Net training in the Corps. PT Boat and Navy Divers. A long time ago.
I have a friend that is a relief captain on the boats and he was telling me about how they rescue people and how that would make a good video. When his boss was in town to re-certify them for man overboard procedures. he asked him if i could tag along and film. To make a long story short that is how the shot of both boats racing came to be. It was a very fun day that is for sure

I did a lot of drills myself with Oscar while on active duty in the Navy. These pilot boats have a very unique recovery tactic.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Here is something different for you all. Got to ride along with the local harbour pilots during their man overboard rescue drills. Brought my Mini 2 along to film the fun
Truly breathtaking how they work together to save a life

Very nice. I spent 8 years in the Coast Guard, lived on a boat for several years and was the Captain of our fire department river rescue unit and I must say I've never seen a system like that, where the man overboard is recovered via the stern and the lift. Very interesting!

Very, very nice video. It's amazing how sharp and clear it is. Fine job of flying and editing, too.

I'd never heard of a MOB recovery system like that. It certainly seems to be effective.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov