DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Map Clarification needed for newbie.

DylanAustin

Reactions
Hello all! I am sure this is a stupid question but id rather follow the rules and know them than to be a person who causes trouble.
On the Aloft app, there are these yellow circles. I attempted to get laanc approval but it says that it isnt required for non controlled air space. Is this yellow circle not controlled airspace? The second photo shows the things it is warning me about. Any help is appreciated!
22E56530-EBE1-4957-859D-7F2930BD8110.png

Attachments

• 132E8379-F23D-45C0-A69B-D1BCC9465F5B.png
    132E8379-F23D-45C0-A69B-D1BCC9465F5B.png
    1 MB · Views: 15
Hello all! I am sure this is a stupid question but id rather follow the rules and know them than to be a person who causes trouble.
On the Aloft app, there are these yellow circles. I attempted to get laanc approval but it says that it isnt required for non controlled air space. Is this yellow circle not controlled airspace? The second photo shows the things it is warning me about. Any help is appreciated!
View attachment 131075
That yellow circle is just an alert in Aloft that if there is a Football game or other large outdoor sporting event at Spartan Stadium you can’t fly over the stadium and there will likely be a TFR in effect so check the sports schedule and TFRs before flying in this area.

Reactions: dawgpilot
That yellow circle is just an alert in Aloft that if there is a Football game or other large outdoor sporting event at Spartan Stadium you can’t fly over the stadium and there will likely be a TFR in effect so check the sports schedule and TFRs before flying in this area.
So I see these yellow circles also right next to me, I am out in the middle of nowhere.. no schools, airports, or any facilities near by.. actually an odd shape, not a circle, but the same color. Ideas??

Attachments

• IMG_5823.PNG
    IMG_5823.PNG
    630.6 KB · Views: 14
So I see these yellow circles also right next to me, I am out in the middle of nowhere.. no schools, airports, or any facilities near by.. actually an odd shape, not a circle, but the same color. Ideas??
I would need to know the specific area we are talking about. Me speculating doesn’t do you any good.

North central SC, it has latitude/longitude on the map.
Oh sorry I didn’t see the image.

That is Gamecock I MOA (Military Operations Area). You can fly there and don’t require authorization but exercise extreme caution because the military uses that for training exercises and may exhibit unusual flight behavior. The effective hours are 8am-midnight daily.

They have been known to fly really fast and really low in these areas without warning. Keep the drone close and pay extra close attention.

If you click on it in Aloft it will tell you what these things are. 44310942-AA85-406D-B362-9B8E2482A89D.png

Reactions: A.O.
Oh sorry I didn’t see the image.

That is Gamecock I MOA (Military Operations Area). You can fly there and don’t require authorization but exercise extreme caution because the military uses that for training exercises and may exhibit unusual flight behavior. The effective hours are 8am-midnight daily.

They have been known to fly really fast and really low in these areas without warning. Keep the drone close and pay extra close attention.

If you click on it in Aloft it will tell you what these things are. View attachment 131125
Ok, so that is the warning area, makes sense!! I live at that green dot and yes the "zoomies" (my word) play around here normally on Thursday afternoons but some other days as well!! I absolutely LOVE it! They come crankin through here at wild speeds sometimes.. every once in a while I get blessed with some close to treetop screamers.. so much fun!!
And I did click on it in the app but only got some vague references to what it was... thanks for the clarification!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn