DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Camera/Gimbal Port

• Thread starter Deleted member 91193
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 91193

I am looking for info (name, type, and size etc.)on the port that the camera/gimbal ribbon plugs into the on the motherboard.
I appreciate any help yall can provide

Reactions: Former Member
For lack of a better name, I call it the core board gimbal ribbon connector.
Here is what I am trying to find out, I can purchase a replacement cable that goes from the gimbal to the port on the board, what I need to know is if the ports on each end are a direct male to female of the same connector type. If this is the case I can simply buy a replacement cable and connect it into the board and then connect the gimbal to that thus avoiding the wear and tear on the port connected to the board. So if anyone can find me part #'s and specs that would help, or if you happen to have that cable test my theory out by trying to connect the cable ends like a bracelet. or examine the ends really good. I have found plenty of online pictures of the cable so please dont send me anything I can find on google.

Here is what I am trying to find out, I can purchase a replacement cable that goes from the gimbal to the port on the board, what I need to know is if the ports on each end are a direct male to female of the same connector type. If this is the case I can simply buy a replacement cable and connect it into the board and then connect the gimbal to that thus avoiding the wear and tear on the port connected to the board. So if anyone can find me part #'s and specs that would help, or if you happen to have that cable test my theory out by trying to connect the cable ends like a bracelet. or examine the ends really good. I have found plenty of online pictures of the cable so please dont send me anything I can find on google.
I have seen similar cables and connectors from many apple products.
As for a proprietary cable to create what you are trying to accomplish, will require a complete custom cable. My thought is a pigtail between the ribbon.
As for the connectors, size matters. It must fit and not interfere with the operation of the gimbal itself. Ease of swap! The rule of thumb is that motherboards usually have the female sockets. Most ribbons are male type connectors.

I have seen similar cables and connectors from many apple products.
As for a proprietary cable to create what you are trying to accomplish, will require a complete custom cable. My thought is a pigtail between the ribbon.
As for the connectors, size matters. It must fit and not interfere with the operation of the gimbal itself. Ease of swap! The rule of thumb is that motherboards usually have the female sockets. Most ribbons are male type connectors.
Check this out and tell me if you think I can daisy chain from the board to the camera with this. I realize custom cables etc are going to need to be made but my first steps are going to be to assemble the parts needed for proof of concept. If I cannot get around the port wear and tear issue its a moot point because no one wants to ruin their Mavic by swapping the camera too much right?