DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 falling from the sky - Complete failure

Not for me, but I think it varies.
Its like a personal item insurance. Its not called drone insurance.

Hmm I have posted my mavic fell out of the sky today into the ocean . No collision no objects in the way open area is a complete mystery hope DJI step up and replace it as was not pilot error have sent mail to DJI awaiting reply maybe there is a problem with the Mavic 2 ?

Hmm I have posted my mavic fell out of the sky today into the ocean . No collision no objects in the way open area is a complete mystery hope DJI step up and replace it as was not pilot error have sent mail to DJI awaiting reply maybe there is a problem with the Mavic 2 ?

Obviously there was a problem with your Mavic 2, but what that was and whether it was pilot error or equipment failure will remain a mystery to us unless you want to post the flight log.

Obviously there was a problem with your Mavic 2, but what that was and whether it was pilot error or equipment failure will remain a mystery to us unless you want to post the flight log.

Every one of these types of comments/posts starts out the same exact way. “I hope they step up and replace my drone”. [emoji1749]‍[emoji3603]

As per the other poster the best is to post your log, it will give a lot more information on what happened. What i would suggest aswell, is that you should still have last cached video footage on you phone. Perhaps just have a slow run throught the last footage leading up to the crash. Bird strikes by seagull is a possibility.

Every one of these types of comments/posts starts out the same exact way. “I hope they step up and replace my drone”. [emoji1749]‍[emoji3603]
Yes it seems be a reoccuring theme, and dont forget the subject has to have a lot of exclamation marks and a bit in all caps :) I call it dji refresh anxiety :)

Reactions: JDawg
Not gloating, I'm sincere. I helped with a buggy MP1... your time now.
Ha - I got a Mavic 13 seconds after orders opened. Mine has been perfect from day 1 and counting. No gimbel issues no blurry videos no glitches or horizen tilt nada! The only thing that concerns me is the batteries. I might have to start replacing them because I have so many flights on them. I have always taken care of the bird and batteries. When it fails or I crash it I will be satisfied that I had truly the best Mavic ever built.

Has anyone posted flights logs and found to be a drone error verse operator error. I can't recall any.
I've crashed my MA 3 times twice It was my fault the third I'm not positive about. I posted the flight path but the logs were missing. Probably my fault but well never know for sure because the text and data files weren't there, and that I don't understand.

As per the other poster the best is to post your log, it will give a lot more information on what happened. What i would suggest aswell, is that you should still have last cached video footage on you phone. Perhaps just have a slow run throught the last footage leading up to the crash. Bird strikes by seagull is a possibility.
Thanks but this was in Ko Chang no seagulls here lol. Clear sky 30 degrees
Returning home no footage camera not on. Warnings brake now return sticks to mid point, bottom sensors not working and obstacle above not a chance nothing for miles .I try to fly where nothing is in the way. Drone has always got very hot maybe this is a problem with the mavic 2 too much tech not enough cooling? Have sent log to Dji they probably a replacement sure will be,however other mavics have failed and fell off the sky very dangerous what do think? I am a good pilot never crashed any Dji drone that I have owned interested in your reply cheers

Returning home no footage camera not on. Warnings brake now return sticks to mid point, bottom sensors not working and obstacle above not a chance nothing for miles .I try to fly where nothing is in the way. Drone has always got very hot maybe this is a problem with the mavic 2 too much tech not enough cooling? Have sent log to Dji they probably a replacement sure will be,however other mavics have failed and fell off the sky very dangerous what do think? I am a good pilot never crashed any Dji drone that I have owned interested in your reply cheers
Well if you have already sent your log to dji, i guess it best to wait and see what they say. The only reason a number users on this thread asked you post you log is that there are a couple users here that seem be very adept at reading these logs and helping user even recover lost drones. So it would have given you an idea of what has hapoened and perhaps a better ideaof what dji might do. At this piont we would all just be quessing without the log. Let see what dji says. Some of the most common reasons i know of of drone just falling, is prop failure, battery failure or battery not fasen properly or coming unlatched due to a collision, or a bird strike. While you might not have seagulls, i kid you not a bird strikes happen often especially at beach. Even in the mostly urban eareas a fly i sometimes get footage of bird dive bombibg my mavic 2. Sometimes you fly just too close to their breeding areas. Its seem lot better for me with mavic since it bigger, had lot more bird issue with my spark. It seems to be bird particularly get offended when i am hover for hyperlapses lol seems aslong as i move its ok. I always try be repectfull and stay away from animals but somehow they seem find me :)

With regards to you comment on heat, i dont know, i have not expereinced any issue with my mavic 2 getting abnormally hot, i usually fly all 3 my batteries when i go flying i average 22 min a battery, so thats over 60 minutes in air and even when i land it not hotter than spark every got. The mavix got some big air intakes to cool down, internal fan, and lot heat sinks where air flow over drone body cools it down. The only time i heard of over heating drones are usually when people use skin or pvc jackets and covers, where the air flow doesnt make direct contact on the drone body during flying, and heat builds up a bit. I once flew my dji spark with jacket and it defintly got a lot hotter.

No log = operator error.

I smell ******** ;)
Post the logs or it will be an operator error !
And to the guy thinking 5 fallen Drones from the Sky are a Problem , NO !
As for every Techdevice : If the RMA Rate is unter 3 Percent, there is no big Problem. So 40 of what , 500.000 Worldwide ? 0,008 % , thats NOTHING !

Reactions: mavic24theclouds
Ive been flying DJI drones for 3 years, never wrecked any of them. I purchased a zoom on dec 18th, and flew it flawlessly 7 (maybe 8) times. Took it out the other day flying it over my cabin roof to survey damage, suddenly the screen went black, drone continued to hover, hands off the sticks, screen comes back to life a few seconds later, switching to back up emu or something like that popped up, as i read the warnings i hear the motors whine and as i look up, boom, drone falls straight down on the roof. Best Buy swapped it out, and i contacted DJI to have my DJI Insurance switched over to new drone/gimbal serial number. Updating new one as we speak, fingers crossed.

Ive been flying DJI drones for 3 years, never wrecked any of them. I purchased a zoom on dec 18th, and flew it flawlessly 7 (maybe 8) times. Took it out the other day flying it over my cabin roof to survey damage, suddenly the screen went black, drone continued to hover, hands off the sticks, screen comes back to life a few seconds later, switching to back up emu or something like that popped up, as i read the warnings i hear the motors whine and as i look up, boom, drone falls straight down on the roof. Best Buy swapped it out, and i contacted DJI to have my DJI Insurance switched over to new drone/gimbal serial number. Updating new one as we speak, fingers crossed.

Sorry about your crash. But did you have some insurance from Best Buy? Otherwise why would they swap it out?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman