Not open for further replies.
If in doubt......... Recalibrate
IMU & Compass......
It’s free, only takes a few minutes

Reactions: spaceweasel
If in doubt......... Recalibrate
IMU & Compass......
It’s free, only takes a few minutes
The point being made was that neither have any effect on RTH landing precision.

I suspect "vision compass" is a bad translation. I can see the vision sensors subbing for IMU, but I'd rather they use GPS delta to provide alternate means of determining absolute heading in place of a compass.

Recalibrating things won't have any effect on what causes RTH landing inaccuracy.
People just don't understand that GPS doesn't give pinpoint accuracy and has a random small error in the positions it gives.
Use RTH to land your drone 10 times and it could land at 10 slightly different positions that can be several feet apart.

But when I have used RTH I have re-taken manual control if I need to for the final few metres. What's wrong with that? or is it just that people like technical perfection/automation?

But when I have used RTH I have re-taken manual control if I need to for the final few metres. What's wrong with that? or is it just that people like technical perfection/automation?
There's nothing wrong with cancelling RTH and resuming control.
It's a very good idea since it allows you to land where and how you want to and lets you fly faster than RTH does to get back against a headwind.
RTH is a great tool and a great safety feature but you definitely don't have to let it do all the flying for you.

Reactions: spaceweasel
I want this feature as a safety net.

I often take off from narrow paths surrounded by talk grass, or jettys over water or anywhere where landing 5ft away would not be good.

In the event the remote looses contact with the drone (hasn't happened to me yet but...) - it will RTH automatically and there would be nothing I could do to stop it landing in the drink or cutting the hedges.

Precision landing means I can take off from these tight spots with a degree of safely in the event the unexpected happens.

I always land manually.

Reactions: YorkshirePaul
Which cancels the RTH

From the manual:

"Exit Smart RTH by tapping X in the DJI GO 4 or by pressing the RTH button on the remote controller"

Those are the two ways to cancel RTH.

"The remote controller sounds an alert during RTH or when the battery level is low (6% to 15%.) The RTH and low battery alert level can be cancelled by pressing the power button. The critical battery level alert (less than 6%), however, cannot be cancelled."

KB

Last edited:
From the manual:

"Exit Smart RTH by tapping X in the DJI GO 4 or by pressing the RTH button on the remote controller"

Those are the two ways to cancel RTH.

"The remote controller sounds an alert during RTH or when the battery level is low (6% to 15%.) The RTH and low battery alert level can be cancelled by pressing the power button. The critical battery level alert (less than 6%), however, cannot be cancelled."

KB
Ah yes got it, confirmed this works thanks. A little bit scary at first as the RC screen goes blank momentarily.

Rather counterintuitive given the power button is the last button I'd want to press in flight but that's how they intend you to use it . Pays to read the manual.

I couldn't silence the low battery warning. I believe I was successful silencing the RTH beeping.

I couldn't silence the low battery warning. I believe I was successful silencing the RTH beeping.

The thing about DJI is that they are not all that good when it comes to keeping the documentation up-to-date. In any case, it's most probably a good thing that the Low Battery warning tone cannot now be suppressed.

The thing about DJI is that they are not all that good when it comes to keeping the documentation up-to-date. In any case, it's most probably a good thing that the Low Battery warning tone cannot now be suppressed.

Pete: The M2's are less than three months old, how often should DJI update the manual? (They already have, once.) When was the last time you got an updated manual for one of your vehicles? Now, I fully admit that the M2 manual could be better with more information about certain things but don't we all say that about almost every "manual" we've ever had to use? I dealt with manuals all my working life and not one of them was ever perfect by ANY stretch of the imagination.

As for the critical battery warning, yes, I'd say that preventing the user from silencing that one is a MOST excellent idea, especially after reading a ton of posts by others who push these LIPO's way beyond their design limits. We've already seen how quickly the voltage can drop off when it gets to 15 or even 30 percent. The failure is with the operators who assume that the battery will give them good voltage down to one percent. It won't and I for one do not like to "tease the animals." :)

KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga