DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Precision Landing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately some DJI tech support operators are about the last people to rely on for accurate information.
Distance from anywhere has no bearing on compass calibration.
ah what bit@# thats going to be!!! Why!!

After updating the firmware, I actually don't see an option in the app that shows that there is precision landing...Am I missing something?

Based on what was described for earlier models, the option comes up when you take off from the app. It's a checkbox in the dialog you swipe to confirm takeoff.
This

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 106
How will Precision Landing know where my hand is to land in it?

I wonder if it works at night with the LED light on the bottom....

Now that I have precision landing, I don’t have to recalibrate my imu.
What a relief.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Now that I have precision landing, I don’t have to recalibrate my imu.
What a relief.
Recalibrating the IMU wouldn't have made any difference anyway.

Recalibrating the IMU wouldn't have made any difference anyway.
If you go back to post number 2,
I was the one that thought the imu calibration on this thread was a waste of time. My post number 71 was meant to be a chuckle.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
I was the one that thought the imu calibration on this thread was a waste of time. My post number 71 was meant to be a chuckle.
Should have suggested to change the props instead, odds are he would have believed you :D

If you go back to post number 2,
Now obviously from your arrogance i must be nowhere near as knowledgable as yourself but can you point out in the post where I specified the imu was the reason for the landing been so accurate, I believe it was stated as the only alterion that had been made prior to the flights.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
I don’t claim knowledge. But I do know stupid when it’s visible.

Sooo - now we've established that IMU and Compass calibration are a waste of time [??] - Can we at least establish that IF you do carry out regular IMU & Compass calibration checks, that they actually have no adverse effect on you or your Drone???? [past getting dizzy doing the Drone dance!]

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
And the inability of some to search out credible information will always get a chuckle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flymehome